Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I buy wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
SO,
Where can I buy wire that is the right color....
I am planning to remove the FI wiring harness and store that...just so when I change my mind its simpler to go back..

Now, I want to build a new harness for the coil/tach and heater fan...
Oil pressure sender, etc.

I want to use the right color wire if possible...but I can live it I cant find it easily.
I DO NOT want to use old wiring...though I have several harness's, I want to stay away from the old wires...they are part of the problem.

Rich
dbgriffith75
I've never tried it but maybe you can go to an auto parts store or electrical supplier and special order it?
Katmanken
Buy wire in the right basic colors of insulation and a BIG box of colored sharpies to make the stripes.... rolleyes.gif
Phoenix-MN
DigiKey has a good selection but not all colors to match the stock harness.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch...p;keywords=wire

craig3x
Try Fry's electronics. They seem to have everything
championgt1
Might want to check this place out.

http://www.alphawire.com/index.cfm

banger
Waytek wire has a large selection of automotive wire and accessories, fuse holders etc.

Waytek Wire
brownaar
I've ordered from these guys. They have wire and alot of the hard to find connectors.
Eagle Day
Dr Evil
popcorn[1].gif If I could find a supplier for correct colors I would consider making new wiring harnesses smile.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 9 2009, 11:00 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif If I could find a supplier for correct colors I would consider making new wiring harnesses smile.gif

I was actually thinking of a plug and play carb harness....
Simple and it plugs into the relay board.

Rich
sixerdon
Rich,
Why don't you contact Rhode Island Wiring Service? Aren't you a member of typ356ne? They had a tech session there in late March. Look them up.
Don
JFJ914
QUOTE(brownaar @ Jun 9 2009, 09:01 PM) *

I've ordered from these guys. They have wire and alot of the hard to find connectors.
Eagle Day

agree.gif
rudedude
Waytak has heat shrink tubing that very closely matches original if that is a concern.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.