Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: broken clutch disk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
this clutch disk has lost a pad....kennedy solid disk....

do I need a new one?? wink.gif
steve@ottosvenice.com
I sure Have I had one fail like that on my Westy when I was on Surfari down in Baja. Luckly I always carrie a spare disc when I go Down there. Replaced it on a nice concrete slap out in the middle of Nowhere. I geuss they poured that slab just for me cuase who would pour a 60 x 100 slab of concrete out in the middle of the desert? Steve
Eric Taylor
Sure, I had this happen on the way home from buying my car smile.gif It was a great day ar15.gif
rdracrdave
If you have the time to wait, Kennedy can rebuild the disk to like new for a very reasonable price . I'd call them for price and turn around time.
Good luck
Dave
Rouser
Gee ... while we're sharing, a pic of my last blow clutch disc; all I heard was "Boomp":
crash914
just a quick update...thanks to suggestions...I returned the disk to Kennedy to see if they could repair it... rolleyes.gif

To my suprise, sure, we replaced all the pads and sent it back...

NO CHARGE!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Now this is only a $100 part....but this is above and beyond in my book.....

I love these guys..... wub.gif
Rusty
Hey Steve,

Would you like one of the admins to change your user name? We have that technology. Just PM one of us.

-Rusty smoke.gif
crash914
Rusty.....thats bad.......... laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
How the hell did that happen? Must add this to my list of "NOT TO DO's" sorta gives me the willies thinking of driving my car home.

Was it slipping got hot and grenaded. or was you racing 5K rpm speed shift side stepping the pedal.

Never replaced a clutch because of wear. just because it got oiled from failed main seal or well while I'm in there might as well.
crash914
I had no problems with mine....I pulled the engine to rebuild and found a missing puck on the clutch disk...

I never found the rest of the pieces...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.