Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting eBay ads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Here's a couple of eBay ads for the same VIN (4732907836), both with V8 engines....

May 2009 - CA

Click to view attachment

June 2009 - FL

Click to view attachment

I wonder which vehicle has the correct VIN.... idea.gif

-- Rob
carr914
Well since the 1st one is a 73 & the 2nd a 74, I would say that the 1st is correct and the 2nd made a mistake in his listing, especially if you read his ad. Title says 400HP, then the specs listed say 355. Then the picture of the 2 guys lifting the tranny up - what no tranny jack? and they didn't take the mufflers off to give themselves more room. The claimed amount invested is inflated unless this guy is just Checkbook Charlie.

T.C.
Sleepin
...and here is a pic of it being towed out of a parking lot... blink.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 8 2009, 03:50 PM) *

...and here is a pic of it being towed out of a parking lot... blink.gif

Didn't catch that picture the 1st time I looked lol-2.gif

T.C.
watsonrx13
They've reposted the ad.. At least this time they got a correct '74 VIN...

-- Rob
carr914
Does anyone else smell something extremely fishy here splat.gif - the 1st time around he lists a VIN # that is off another year car & obviously is not a just a typo of a 3 instead of a 4, because now it's a totally different number

Claims the wheels are Fuchs 9&10s. They are not. Also Fuchs did not make a 10" much less that there is NO way you could stuff them under a narrow body car

Says that is has Recaro seats - they look like a Cobra

Next to the items on the car, he lists eBay auctions, but if you look at his Feedbacks, they don't match up

He lists the shop that did alot of the work as the Shop that preps all the great Porsche race cars. They may exist, but I've never heard of them and I'm around this kind of shit. There are a couple of 911 racecars in the background of his pictures, but nothing exotic

He wouldn't answer questions on the last day of his original listing, saying stay tuned - the listing isn't complete yet.

I could go, but I think you get my point
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.