Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best spark plugs for 1.7 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange73
I need new plugs for the 72 1.7 eng. , whats the plugs most people have best luck with ? There are Bosch super RO 971 in now.
Cap'n Krusty
That's not a part number. The number is stamped into the metal, not printed on the ceramic. You should be using NGK B6ES (7432) or Bosch W7CC (7998). With carbs, you should probably run one heat range hotter. The Cap'n
dlo914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 8 2009, 10:08 AM) *

That's not a part number. The number is stamped into the metal, not printed on the ceramic. You should be using NGK B6ES (7432) or Bosch W7CC (7998). With carbs, you should probably run one heat range hotter. The Cap'n

agree.gif with the NGK B6ES.
orange73
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 8 2009, 12:08 PM) *

Thanks and yes the stamped number is w7cc, I do have dual Webers carbs, so how do i know one heat range hotter ?
zeezee
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spar...&country=US

Sounds like I should go +1 hotter too - good to know!
orange73
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 8 2009, 12:08 PM) *

Hello Cap'n , I have the 72, 914 with the 1.7 eng. and dual webers. you suggested the hotter plug W8CC - 7904 I am having a heck of a time finding here in IL. tried NAPA , Autozone etc. is that a Bosch plug? any suggestions or websit to find that plug ? Thanks Dan
Cap'n Krusty
Yes, it's a Bosch plug. The equivalent NGK is B5ES, 6410. Chain stores only carry stuff they can easily sell in large volume.

The Cap'n
smg914
I have 60 NOS Bosch W7C and 50 NOS Bosch W8C spark plugs. Most of them are in their original packaging of 10 plugs per box. I would be willing to open the boxes and sell them in groups of 4 plugs for $10.00 shipped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.