Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine install party this Saturday in Orlando- can anyone help ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
Well I'm at a point where I think I'm ready to install the 3.0 into the chassis. If the weather holds off I'd like to do this Saturday morning around 9:00 - 10:00. Anyone out there that can give me a hand? If yes please PM me for my address. I have a scissor lift so hopefully not too much grunt work. biggrin.gif I'll round up adult beverages and some lunch to make the deal sweeter. beerchug.gif I've never done this before but I'm guessing one to two guys is sufficient, you always need at least one guy to cal 911 ! dry.gif
BK911
I was in Orlando last weekend! Too bad you weren't ready then. I'll be back in a couple of weeks if you can wait that long. biggrin.gif

BTW, I noticed the 914 is easier than a 911 to drop/install an engine.

Good luck!!
iamchappy
Get one on these, it will make things much easier for you....

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...65546_200365546

mdan
where are you located?

Mike
orlando
URY914
Sorry, but I can only install -4's.
mdan
ur914,
do you charge people to drop and install motors? if so, I might have a job for you?
let me know how much? how long it would take you? etc. etc.
thanks,
Mike
orlando
sorry for the highjack.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(mdan @ Jun 8 2009, 11:41 AM) *

where are you located?

Mike
orlando

Mike I'm located in southeast Orange county aprox. 5 miles or so from the airport. If you can make it PM me for details. Thanks for asking.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 8 2009, 11:51 AM) *

Sorry, but I can only install -4's.

I didn't think you could make it as you are busy killing off the dinosaur population biggrin.gif . I thought maybe you would want to see your repaired exterior door handles smile.gif It's all good. beerchug.gif
iamchappy
If is was in town i would be more than happy to help, all i would need is about 20 minutes, providing you had a lift table. Wrestling and balancing an engine on a jack in fear I would need atleast an hour or so.
carr914
Rick, pm me your address, I will try to make it. I will know for sure later in the week. Did you ever find a source for Fuerstenberg Beer?

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 8 2009, 02:29 PM) *

Rick, pm me your address, I will try to make it. I will know for sure later in the week. Did you ever find a source for Fuerstenberg Beer?

T.C.

TC I will forward my address and phone number. No I never found a US distributor for Fuerstenberg beer. It's ironic because I am a distant relative of the brewerys founder dry.gif I found distributors in Europe and Australia but not the U.S.
I actually have one bottle in my small collection that I've had since the early 80's...........I bet she's ripe biggrin.gif
URY914
QUOTE(mdan @ Jun 8 2009, 01:07 PM) *

ur914,
do you charge people to drop and install motors? if so, I might have a job for you?
let me know how much? how long it would take you? etc. etc.
thanks,
Mike
orlando
sorry for the highjack.

I don't charge people but lunch and beer is on you.

What do you need?

bcheney
Rick,

I will make it over. Do you need any extra tools, floor jacks etc. ? Cant wait to see the car and give a hand.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jun 10 2009, 05:19 PM) *

Rick,

I will make it over. Do you need any extra tools, floor jacks etc. ? Cant wait to see the car and give a hand.

Brian that would be great ! You can pick up your hole saws you lent me a year ago ! biggrin.gif If TC can make it he stated he'd bring his motorcycle lift. If he can't make it then yes I would need another floor jack. Additional tools should not be needed. To be safe PM me your cell phone number. Again thanks.
URY914
I can't make it over there but if TC is going he can swing by here and pick up my floor jack to use.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 11 2009, 04:57 AM) *

I can't make it over there but if TC is going he can swing by here and pick up my floor jack to use.

I appreciate the offer. I have one floor jack ( actually 2 but one is dead ) and if TC makes it and brings his motorcycle lift we'll be good to go. If TC can't make it but Brian can bring his jack we'll have 2 and should be good to go. Thanks everyone.
carr914
I'll be there, I've got the lift in the back of the Honda. See Ya Saturday

T.C.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.