Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Brake Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2
Engman
I have 20 -25 of these that I will part with. These are from the Corvette 1986 to 1990. I have several different colors and some primered covers. $35.00 plus shipping to your zip.
Engman
asdf
Engman
zxcv
Engman
Pic of it installed on my car
jim_hoyland
Are these still available ?
Engman
Yep - I have 30+ of these. I used to work for the Co. that made them. Samples I was allowed to keep.

BTW - list on these (from dealer) is about $130.

M
jim_hoyland
I want to place an order; how ?
Engman
Email or PM me. Send me a zip code so I can figure shipping.

M
STL914
Mark,

It was good to meet you at the Tweeks Funfest Saturday.
It's always nice to have a face to go along with a screen name.

I compared the Flame Red brake light I bought from you to my Bahia Red 914 when I got back to St. Louis and was surprised just how close the colors match. This will look great on my car. smilie_pokal.gif
Engman
Fantastic! Glad to hear it was so close. Let me know if any of the bulbs were bad, I will send you replacements if any do not work.

BTW - I have two more boxes of these here - I think I have close to 75 of them.

M
STL914
Mark,

Can you tell me how far forword on your engine lid you mounted your 3rd brake light?

Have you noticed any interference when opening the lid; light hitting rear glass?

Thanks,
Engman
3" from the edge of the grill to the front of the lamp. No issues with it hitting the rear glass.

M
jim_hoyland
How do I order ?
Engman
Tell me the color you are looking for - I will check to see what I have - worst case is a primered body. PM or email me with the info. Be sure to include your zip code so I can get you a price on shipping.

Thanks

Mark
monkei
is the housing metal or plastic (for repainting purposes)? i doubt these gm parts come in anything close toxambisi green. definitely interested, wondering how that would look on a double grille setup.
Engman
Die cast metal housing with a Santoprene mounting gasket. I have primered covers available. Could be done on a double grill - have not seen one done - yet!

M
monkei
awesome...35 for a primer black one? you take checks?
STL914
Mark,

In the next week or so I plan on installing the third brake light I bought from you during the Tweeks Funfest. Yeah, I procrastinated . sad.gif Would rather drive the car that work on it.

Can you share a photo or two showing how you tied into the wiring harness? I'm curious as to where this was done and the length of lead you used to allow the engine lid to open freely.

Thanks smilie_pokal.gif
scottb
i would be interested in seeing how you tied into the wiring as well.

also, do you have a white one?

thanks,

scott
Engman
Sure - give me a couple of days - swamped with work.

I used a two prong disconnect at the hinge so that if I have to remove the engine lid I can disconnect it. I will take some pics and measure the length this weekend.

It was great meeting you and everyone else at Columbus.

M
GaroldShaffer
Mark, sent you a email. I would like one in black please.
bernbomb914
would one of these lights mount on the bottom side of the targa bar?

Bernie
Engman
would one of these lights mount on the bottom side of the targa bar?

I doubt it - the curvature in it is almost or is the same as the engine lid. The bottom side of the targa bar is opposite that and that would leave a nice gap between the bottom of the light to the targa bottom.

M
Engman
This is a pic of the wiring I used to tie into the harness - it has a two prong disconnect. Two wires were used - one a hot lead tied into the main harness and connected to the rear brake light wire and a ground wire connected to the ground behind the relay board.
Engman
Nuther view
Engman
The hot lead tied into the main harness and is connected to the black wire with dashed yellow. This is a pic of the connect.
STL914
Thanks Mark, that helps alot.
Carlitos Way
Don't laugh but... would you happen to have one in "torch red"? I know it's a GM red... hoping you'd have one.
Juniors_914
Hello, Are these still available ?

-Junior
Thor
Hello Engman and all the rest of you 914 freaks ! IPB Image
I just registred. Nice stuff overhere.
I think my wallet will suffer from these visits.

Are these still available ?

Also sent PM.
Engman
Yep still have some - here is a pic of the RED. not sure what GM color code it is.

M
Engman
Remaining colors available

From bottom clockwise - primer, metallic blue, red, deep metallic red, metallic black, light metallic blue, black.

M
Carlitos Way
That looks like my red!!! remind me how to pay for it?
jim_hoyland
Received the brake light a while back and am getting ready to install. I have an extra targa top and was thinking of molding it into the center rear part. Any one else thought of this ? Would need to have disconnect at the roof...
Thor
I like it on the engine lid !

But what about turning it into a foglight.
My foglight is nicely hidden at the back, but I will install a rear reflector this winter so I'm losing the spot.

And since I hate those foglights pending down from the rear ...

Anyone an idea how it could be done ?
Is it enough to change the bulbs ?
Engman
I do not believe it would pass the photometric requirements for size. You would need to check with the appropiate law in that country to determine this. I do know these meet and exceed the minimum light output for use as a 3rd brake light in the US.

M
Dunkelvolk
Hi Engman,

Still have some available? Primered ?
Pls e-mail to verastegui@bellsouth.net
thx!

D-volk
Engman
Email sent - yep still have quite a few.

M
CptTripps
Here it is installed on my car, and painted to match...

user posted image

(Yes, before I put the grill back on!)

Great product...really lights up your butt at night, and in traffic!
CptTripps
regular shot of it...really blends in well. A couple of people have commented "Wow..porsche was using a 3rd light in the 70s!"

user posted image

41ghost
do you have any of the third rear brake lights left? if so do you have it in yellow.
Engman
Yes I have some left - sadly only two or so left in primer. No yellow - CptTripps got a primered one and painted it his body color himself. Did a real nice job.

I will post a pic of what I have later (if I remember to take the camera home!)

M
ewdysar
I'll take one... PM sent

Eric
CptTripps
QUOTE (Engman @ Aug 11 2005, 12:29 PM)
Yes I have some left - sadly only two or so left in primer. No yellow - CptTripps got a primered one and painted it his body color himself. Did a real nice job.

I will post a pic of what I have later (if I remember to take the camera home!)

M

Mine was dark blue. I sanded it down, primed and painted it myself.

BTW: This 3rd light is EXACTLY the same as the one on a Porsche 968 Cab.

I was at 944-Fest a few weeks ago, and noticed that it looked similar, so I started looking. All the molding of the plastic, and metal are identical.
Rgreen914
Guess I need to break down and get one of these, that is, if you have any left (primer?).

Ron
Engman
PM sent.......

M
nuevecatorce
PM Sent cool.gif
nuevecatorce
Money order on its way biggrin.gif
Grimstead
Woo Hoo, boldblue.gif
Mine showed up Today, thanks again Mark!
dlo914
the 3rd brakelight off a new Nissan 350z convertible looks pretty nice and modern, but at a retail price of $163 it's not so nice dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.