Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tying up some loose ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
have a few loose wires on my catrbed 2.0.need to know where they go.

(1).brown wire in lower pic 1 is from the taco plate. where do i hook this up to?
(2) green and red wire is from relay board. wheres a proper place for him
(3) pic 3, is this the cylinder head temp sensor? do i need it on a carbed engine? if so what wire ..well you know
thanks in advance
ws91420
pic 3 is for the oil pressure light
nycchef
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jun 8 2009, 06:12 PM) *

pic 3 is for the oil pressure light

does the green and red wire go to it?
jt914-6
Yes, the green/red wire connects to the oil pressure switch in pic # 3.....
nycchef
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jun 8 2009, 06:44 PM) *

Yes, the green/red wire connects to the oil pressure switch in pic # 3.....

thanks one down one to go smilie_pokal.gif
jt914-6
A solid brown wire is usually a ground wire.....
Dave_Darling
If it's coming out of the taco plate, it's not the ground wire. Could be a replacement wire, or could be oil-stained. Though I wouldn't think a green/black wire would stain to brown...

Find a green/black wire in the main wiring harness. The end of it will be under the battery tray or in that area. There should be a one-wire box connector on the end of it. The green/black wire from the taco plate plugs into that, which goes to the oil temp gauge.

If your car has never had the gauge, the connector might not be on the end of the wire, and the wire may be wrapped up in the harness. If your car is a 70-72, the wire probably isn't there and you will have to add it.

--DD
nycchef
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 9 2009, 06:49 AM) *

If it's coming out of the taco plate, it's not the ground wire. Could be a replacement wire, or could be oil-stained. Though I wouldn't think a green/black wire would stain to brown...

Find a green/black wire in the main wiring harness. The end of it will be under the battery tray or in that area. There should be a one-wire box connector on the end of it. The green/black wire from the taco plate plugs into that, which goes to the oil temp gauge.

If your car has never had the gauge, the connector might not be on the end of the wire, and the wire may be wrapped up in the harness. If your car is a 70-72, the wire probably isn't there and you will have to add it.

--DD

my bad it,s got a very brittle brown casing over it, it's actually green, will try to find it.s mate by tracing from the center console harness back. that still leaves a white wire with a long plactic box connector on it, leftover from the f.i ?
nycchef
[Find a green/black wire in the main wiring harness. The end of it will be under the battery tray or in that area. There should be a one-wire box connector on the end of it. The green/black wire from the taco plate plugs into that, which goes to the oil temp gauge.

found it, thanks dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.