Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: coolest paint scheme...I love jager!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
craig3x
This is by far the coolest paint scheme. Wish it was mine. pray.gif I love me some Jagermeister

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
A car painted in this scheme comes to autocrosses once in a while... Loma Prieta Regioners I think... Always down at Marina. Nice...
zymurgist
wub.gif
carr914
I like everything but the Green roof

T.C.

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Ugh. I drank way too much of that stuff for years. Now I have a hard time looking at it w/o gagging.

Zach
zymurgist
I would feel much the same way had Southern Comfort sponsored a car.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2009, 10:50 PM) *

A car painted in this scheme comes to autocrosses once in a while... Loma Prieta Regioners I think... Always down at Marina. Nice...

Nice people too. Although they weren't too happy when i pointed out all the things that weren't quite correct. The builder didn't pay much attention to detail ...

driving.gif Andy
effutuo101
I am at a point in my build where I have to decide which way to go. The front runner is a Jagermeister (how do I get the script with the umlauts Andy?) tribute car.
Any information you can provide Andy would be gladly accepted.

I am going to add the above picture to my growing stack of resources for the sticker creation.

craig3x
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2009, 11:50 PM) *

I wonder if it could be the same people as this car. This one seems to be from Europe...and very old
Scott S
Chris -
Just get a good scan of any and all decals you need and take them to a local sign shop - like a "Fast Signs" franchise. It wont be cheap (probably 20.00 to 100.00 per decal depending on what they need to re-draw or convert to vector files). The quality they can produce now is amazing - far better than the usual mutli layered stuff they were doing even 5-10 years ago.
effutuo101
Hiya Scott!
Exactly, it looks like it will be about $400-$600 for all of the stickers I want done. But, my brother does silk screening and he has a contact that could drop the price.
At this point, I need to find exacting pictures of sticker placement, and figure out the size. Yes, there will be some variance to the original, but, I want to get it close enough that only Andy and a few others would know.
The rear wheel flares pictured in the first post appear more rounded then the stock GT Flares.
Scott S
always scale off of the wheels - you know that in any picture they will always equate to 15".

If my car had been orange, I would have absolutely done this car - I was even contemplating doing it to the V8 car I almost brought home a while back.

I know the stuff is basically considered the German version of "Night Train", but It always seems to be my drink of choice during ski season and at nearly every bar gig I play anymore - and that tradition goes back to proabably 1988.

Got my big "wife beater" sized bottle in the freezer both at home and in the mountians!! No Red Bull, thank you - I'll take it straight.

Great car!

beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jun 9 2009, 10:27 AM) *

I would feel much the same way had Southern Comfort sponsored a car.

agree.gif god I got sick on that crap!

stromberg.gif barf.gif
Project 6
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 9 2009, 10:25 AM) *

I am at a point in my build where I have to decide which way to go. The front runner is a Jagermeister (how do I get the script with the umlauts Andy?) tribute car.
Any information you can provide Andy would be gladly accepted.

I am going to add the above picture to my growing stack of resources for the sticker creation.

www.nbdgraphics.com

Mike Z can do it. You have a PM.
iamchappy
It's crossed my mind also, I have another hood that i've been thinking about doing a Jager treatment on.
craig3x
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 9 2009, 11:07 AM) *

Hiya Scott!
Exactly, it looks like it will be about $400-$600 for all of the stickers I want done. But, my brother does silk screening and he has a contact that could drop the price.
At this point, I need to find exacting pictures of sticker placement, and figure out the size. Yes, there will be some variance to the original, but, I want to get it close enough that only Andy and a few others would know.
The rear wheel flares pictured in the first post appear more rounded then the stock GT Flares.

Send me pics when you get it all done. Damn, I'm, thirsty now!
effutuo101
my project
effutuo101
correct pic
SirAndy
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 9 2009, 09:25 AM) *

Jagermeister (how do I get the script with the umlauts Andy?)

There's a few ways to do it. If you're on Windoze, go to your "Start" Menu and click on "Run". Type in "charmap". Set the font to "Arial" and select the character set "Windows: Western". On the bottom of the character window, you'll see all the uppercase and lowercase Umlauts. Simply copy & paste them into your text.

Also, when you click on a Umlaut (or any other character in the list) the status bar will show you the keyboard shortcut for that character using the numeric key pad.

For example, the lowercase "ä" will show "Keystroke: Alt + 0228".
Meaning, to get an "ä" anywhere in any application, simply hold down the Alt key while typing the numbers 0228 on your numeric keyboard. As soon as you release the Alt key, the letter "ä" will be pasted into your text.

type.gif Andy
rick 918-S
liquid heroin. Cool car!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(craig3x @ Jun 9 2009, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 8 2009, 11:50 PM) *

I wonder if it could be the same people as this car. This one seems to be from Europe...and very old

The local car was a local build by a mechanic in Campbell, CA. Nanci Bishop and Paul Seidel Smith bought it from him about 5 years ago...
tracks914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 9 2009, 12:25 PM) *

It's crossed my mind also, I have another hood that i've been thinking about doing a Jager treatment on.

What type of fuel tank door is that on the hood?
I've been looking for a nice one for a while and haven't seen that one before.
iamchappy
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jun 9 2009, 09:40 PM) *

One that fits a Ford 150 or Mustang.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 9 2009, 09:56 PM) *

QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jun 9 2009, 09:40 PM) *

One that fits a Ford 150 or Mustang.

sexy! where did you get the porsche stamped gas cap?
iamchappy
Made it out of a center cap.....
lotus_65
you could look for one, but i found a vector logo.

restrictions won't let me post it here, pm me if you want it.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 9 2009, 03:25 PM) *

If you are serious about it, contact the Jagermiester promotion people. They may actually pay you to do it.

Zach
effutuo101
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 10 2009, 06:10 PM) *

If you are serious about it, contact the Jagermiester promotion people. They may actually pay you to do it.

Zach

I am working on that email now. I want to get "sanction" before doing it as I don't want a leagal battle.
Scott S
As long as you are not re-selling the decals of trying to pass off a product as Jager that really isnt Jager ( blink.gif ) you will be fine.

Most sign shops will have you sign a waiver to this effect. I have decals made all the time - primarily from Pearl and DW drum companies - I even include the registered trademark "r".

I initially called/emailed Martini and Rossi before doing my car. They simply replied "we have no plans for any additional US marketing supplies."

... off to the sign shop I went!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 10 2009, 09:43 PM) *

Zach

I am working on that email now. I want to get "sanction" before doing it as I don't want a leagal battle.

Don't email. Emails get ignored. Call, and then write a letter to the person in charge. After all, if you are smart, you are asking for more then just permission. The worst they can do is say no.

Zach
Project 6
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:43 PM) *

Zach

What's the worst they can do? Make you take them off? screwy.gif

Easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission.
effutuo101
biggrin.gif True. Static decals?
That way I could take them off for Halloween. My wife wants to put punkin's on the car. It is her favorite day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.