Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bremerton this saturday 13th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
JRust
Okay so I am finally registered for an AutoX. My weekend was open & my car is working. I figured I may as well give it a try. I know at least a few of you WA guys are going. Anyone else coming I know? JP? Brittain?

Feel free to come laugh at me spin out. Happened once at willow springs at WCR. dry.gif I'll be sporting some street tires. NO slicks for me unfortunately. Although I've never driven with slicks so I don't know the difference anyway. Well hope to see quite a few of you there -Jamie
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif Can't wait Jamie, You will have a blast.
J P Stein
We ae going to Packwood for a 2 day OR SCCA event. It would be closer to ya....
We aren't leaving till around 8 in the morning as we run in the afternoon group both days.

Look here for details.

http://www.oregonscca.com/content/section/3/287/
6freak
I tryed calling you last nite i must have wrote the # down wrong....so ya thats what i was wondering was are you coming all the way up here or going to Packwood ...either way you will have fun.....It does say Bremerton so i think`n thats it ...Im sure you would know what you registered for
JRust
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 9 2009, 07:50 AM) *

I tryed calling you last nite i must have wrote the # down wrong....so ya thats what i was wondering was are you coming all the way up here or going to Packwood ...either way you will have fun.....It does say Bremerton so i think`n thats it ...Im sure you would know what you registered for

Yeah I decided on Bremerton. I thought there might be more 914 guys I know there. Plus it only looked like another hour. Know anyone that wants to put me up for a night? confused24.gif I don't plan on getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to drive up. So I may drive up friday night. What time does it all kick off? How early do I need to be there? Anyone an instructor that want's to ride with me & tell me what I'm doing wrong? Anyone have an extra helmet? Oh my cell is 541 - five one zero - 00eight6
DNHunt
Jamie

I'm pretty near Bremerton and you can rack at my place.

Give me a call 253 851-6447 eves.

Dave
6freak
Weathers gonna be awsome ...Not to hot and not to cold ..unless Dino shows up then it mite snow but as long as he doesnt do the snow fairy dance we will be good..Jon did you get your car sorted....dont forget your sun screen and water
J P Stein
You're right, Jamie, we will prolly be the only 914 guys there.....which tells ya somethin'.......
6freak
tells us thats not the place to be lol-2.gif ...Good luck J.P put a whoop`n on them
J P Stein
It means that the SCCA fast guys will be down whompin' on us rather than the NWPCA. Youz' might even have a Porsche get TTOD at Bremerton. biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 9 2009, 02:25 PM) *

Jamie

I'm pretty near Bremerton and you can rack at my place.

Give me a call 253 851-6447 eves.

Dave

Hey Dave, Thanks for the offer. I talked to Mike earlier & he offered to have me stay there. So I am heading up Friday night biggrin.gif . This should be fun.

Hey JP kick ass my friend aktion035.gif

Hope to see alot of WA teeners there cheer.gif
DNHunt
I'll be there but, I'm helping with the driver's skill day. I'll try to connect with you guys sometime

Dave
6freak
Calling all cars ..be there or be square
J P Stein
Hummm......the weather forcast for Packwood is not lookin' good......55 deg & possible T-Boomers. idea.gif
DNHunt
Turns out I don't need to help out with the skills day so I signed up. Weather looks OK for B town. See you tomorrow
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
6freak
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 11 2009, 08:31 PM) *

Hummm......the weather forcast for Packwood is not lookin' good......55 deg & possible T-Boomers. idea.gif

Better head this way JP! God know your made of suger and if it rains you will melt away LOL...someone will put you up for the weekend.even me..and im sure bremerton sports car club will have an event on sunday
JRust
okay todays the day biggrin.gif . Time to show these WA boys how to drive lol-2.gif . Seriously I can't wait to get on the track. Should be alot of fun. I could really care less where I end up time wise. As long as my car make's it thru the day I'm good dry.gif

Hope to see a fair amount of you guys there beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914

What a great day and a lot of 914s came out to play. We even had an unexpected surprise when JP and Britian came to play. JPs car sure does look nice out there. It was fun to see you all and gave a little taste of what the shootout will be. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
An interesting venue.
To say we struggled with that course layout would be an understatement....Brit adapted more quickly than I, of course.
For the first quarter & last quarters of the course we were as quick as anybody...the on the gas/on the brakes sections..the middle half is where we got killed. We are just not used to the mid-range 3rd gear sections....that takes some learnin'. I could see that GT3 was much faster thru there than either of us and there was a bunch of time to be had there. That said, Brit was in the top 5, I think....I sucked as usual. We both did better during the fun runs when the asphalt got warmer......grip gives confidence for those high speed sections.

Note to NorCal: PNWR is tougher than youz' guys. biggrin.gif
Much of it has to do with their home field.....but there it is.

We'll be back.
PeeGreen 914

Hope you'll be back. It was fun seeing your car match up afainst Leeds. Says something to be that close to him. You and Leeds both looked to have trouble with new tires out there. I really don't feel all that bad for you when I'm on 4 year old rubber wink.gif.
J P Stein
Under cool conditions, fat slicks on a light car don't make any heat. Narrower R Spec tires work better under those conditions. I knew we were in trouble when they changed the run order.....these things happen.
Both Leeds & Randy were running R25 radial Hoosiers and seemed to suffer also... tho maybe less.
PeeGreen 914

Yeah, when Crandall took out timing that really screwed up the tire situation for getting the heat to stay. The fun runs were a blast. One of the runs I blew at the beginning and decided to slide aroung the course. Matt and I were laughing the entire way.
J P Stein
Get that car running right before you break something. 911 motors are tough, but thrashing any foul running motor is not gud for longevity.

I don't think the timing crunch had anything to do with our poor showing.
Everybody has to learn when/where to give it up or not. He won't make that mistake again, I figure.
JRust
I had a blast in Bremerton! It was a little intimidating watching the 1st run group while working. Those guys are pretty darn quick. That was my first AutoX but I'm hooked. Hopefully I can get a few more runs in before the shootout.

I took Annie out on my first run. She's an instructor & told me what to do around the course. She knows her stuff! Which I found out when she took me for a run in her Cayman. Holy crap can she drive driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif . I improved each run excet for my second where I missed a gate. I did not displace a cone all day though. I can't wait to try it out again driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Your car sounded great Jamie. Get some more seat time under your belt and you'll be doing just fine. It was great to have you up here. Oh, and yes I do still have your carbs chair.gif biggrin.gif . I came back to change my tires and noticed the box still there blink.gif
J P Stein
Top 10 Times
# Name Class Time
1 WWU 4 Eric TO 46.309
2 WWU 3 Trevor TO 47.331
3 WWU 2 TO 48.512
4 Geoff Newman GTO 49.478
5 Jeff Barstow GTO 49.530
6 Leeds Gulick MO 50.063
7 Britain Smith TO 50.849
8 Matt Lowell MU 51.038
9 Randy Wells MO 51.278
10 Eric Fry GTO 51.296

We'll be back.
PeeGreen 914
Matt beat Eric again idea.gif Well, my car is doing well. Now if I can get it dialed in so we have no fueling issues and get the brakes to work better we will be right there. Oh, and then tires wink.gif I was right with Matt but I just kept hitting them cones.. headbang.gif . Looks like Matt was only 2 tenths off Britain huh.gif .
6freak
I just plain sucked all day (wrong tires but thats what i get for wanting to drive to the track on a nice day<_< I didnt take out the timeing lites confused24.gif no one got pictures so there no prof LMAO but it was great fun ...Thanks for the PNW props JP! Thanks for coming up Jamie ..really look`n forward to something like that again ....PS Im buying new tire before i go to Colorado..go`n with Hoosers this time ...Take care every one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.