Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are seats the same ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

O.K. I am still fighting with my seat to backpad issue!

Ques. is :

Are the seats ,and the rails connected to them interchangable ?

I am thing maybe there is and this is the reason my seats don't fit in the

new back pad. This would be the simple fix, but you know that never

happens! Dave slap.gif confused24.gif
Ian Stott
My understanding is a driver side and passenger side are different, I think early seats on the passenger side were not adjustable.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
914Sixer
The early seats have more travel than the 73-up seats. The mounting hardware is interchangeable. Bases are all the same. I always thought there were right and left seats because of the way the headrest tilt. I could be my lineless bifocals. Seems like dirivers seat is scaloped out for handbrake.
Joe Ricard
Yep drivers seat has a cut out for parking brake handle.

as far as subtle curves to fit back pad? Hell if I know.

Dumb question is the back pad located corectly?
GreatPumpkin
early passenger seats were not adjustable
jmill
Head rests look different from right to left. Mine are angled. High side to the middle.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 10 2009, 10:29 AM) *

Head rests look different from right to left. Mine are angled. High side to the middle.

agree.gif Seats are different left to right. You can swap them over, but the headrests will look odd from behind.

Not sure about the backpad fitment if you swap them as my backpad is long gone ...
shades.gif Andy
JRust
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2009, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ Jun 10 2009, 10:29 AM) *

agree.gif Seats are different left to right. You can swap them over, but the headrests will look odd from behind.

Not sure about the backpad fitment if you swap them as my backpad is long gone ...
shades.gif Andy

You know I was behind someone at WCR. I thought it was just their head being at a weird angle huh.gif . I think their seats were back asswords screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.