Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what have you found in your motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Really should have said on your motor, not in it.

Buried under the intake manifold in the grease and gunk I found...

cigarette butt
dime
old style soda can pop top
a small key

dr
Mark Henry
Under the tin:

Mouse nests
Mouse bones
Spark plugs
Nuts & bolts
HarveyH
As far as IN the motor, the PO's supposedly reputable builder (no longer in business) used a piece of hex key in place of a main bearing indexing dowel pin. icon8.gif
Harvey
seanery
not in the motor, but in the jack hole wrapped in aluminum foil and plastic wrap was a valet key for my car ohmy.gif
machina
forgot to mention the hornets nests and some other kind of weird nesty looking thing.

haven't removed the tin yet.

dr
EdwardBlume
Black widows and a 10 inch dead lizard after the car sat for 10+ years.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Mar 4 2004, 07:07 AM)
As far as IN the motor, the PO's supposedly reputable builder (no longer in business) used a piece of hex key in place of a main bearing indexing dowel pin. icon8.gif
Harvey

No..no...NO!!!!!

never, ever, use anything but the proper dowel!

I have seen this before...dicks. finger.gif

Was this guy Mike's crack monkey???
steve@ottosvenice.com
Not in the motor but I once found $400 under the carpet of a 914 that I bought from the police impound Yard. Steve
type47
2 mouse skulls
thesey914
four wierd looking round things with fins all over them. wacko.gif
mightyohm
I found marks in the case from where a rod smashed into it at one time...
That was pretty cool. wacko.gif
Mueller
Inside the motor I found my missing rocker arm nut.......thing was beat up pretty well smash.gif
L8Apex
Not 914 related, but my friend found a gun in the door panel (inside) of his RX7. called the cops right away. Kinda freaked him out.
mightyohm
fighting19.gif
tat2dphreak
Damn, I feel Jipped... all I found was grease, dead bugs, and oil/dirt sludge!
914ghost
I got you all on this one:
P.O (on another car) decided the stock filtering system was inadequate so he wrapped the steel filter/screen in something like STEEL WOOL. wacko.gif
And admitted it. He thought it would pick up the 'finer particulates' that would wear away the bearings.. ...the engine had 16 miles on it before it seized.
-Bob O

OH and I found a full-size 16" maglite flashlight in the door of my 914 this summer. Made a hell of a clank everytime I shut the door...
olav
I found some dried up leaves under the engine tin. Also, some tools under the seat and coupons good in 1976.

Oh, and the PO registration from 1976 too. I keep that in the car for good luck.
GaroldShaffer
On one pf my parts cars I found a nice 1/4 Craftsman rachet in the rain tray. When pulling the same car up on the trailer to get it home the passenger side floor fell out long with 5 or 6 sockets and a key ring. The PO wanted the key ring but not the sockets confused24.gif He said he lost the keys after he stored it 20 yrs ago so I gave the ring and kept the keys.

Same guy the other parts car he left under the spare tire a small tool box full of off brand tools. Asked him if he wanted them back and he said no. wife sold them in a garage sale, made $20.

- Garold
Curvie Roadlover
When I first got my car I found Brad's flashlight,wink.gif then I pulled about 5 lbs of dirt/pine needles/leaves out of the engine compartment. When I dropped the motor, I found the missing fins from the impeller.
redshift
Used Condom

M
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(redshift @ Mar 4 2004, 03:58 PM)
Used Condom

M

ohmy.gif icon8.gif barf.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 4 2004, 07:07 AM)
wrapped in aluminum foil and plastic wrap was a valet key for my car ohmy.gif

I found a little brown cube thing wrapped in aluminum foil too. It was about the size of a kids LEGO block. smile.gif

It really smelled good when I burned it. wacko.gif
Qarl
I found a little brown cube thing wrapped in aluminum foil too. It was about the size of a kids LEGO block.  

It really smelled good when I burned it.  

You found some beef boullion?

Why would you burn it? You're supposed to dissolve it in water!
tracks914
QUOTE(kellzey @ Mar 4 2004, 07:55 PM)
You found some beef boullion?

Why would you burn it? You're supposed to dissolve it in water!

I thought about baking with it but never thought about making soup? laugh.gif
Jake Raby
Spark plug sockets are very common under the tins of TIV engines..

Craziest thing I ever found was about a 30 year old .357 round that had never been fired... The engine could not have ever ran with it in there, else you'd think it would have cooked off !
MattR
I found a bunch of rat shit. That kinda sucked because I havent cleaned it out yet! And a tuft of rat hair... still tryin' to figure that one out.

Oh, I was wrenching in my trunk on my last car and I lost a 10mm socket... that will be a nice suprise for the next owner if he can get the damn thing out.
larryp
I found invoices for about $18K of parts and service.

Oh no, those are mine. i will leave them there for the next guy.
Bruce Allert
When installing the new carpet last month I found, under the old one, the original key code card for making more keys to fit the locks. It was in German. I also found a 1973 penny under there... same year as the car beer.gif

.........b
majkos
I've found a cache of stuff in the rear trunk,seemed the PO-PO had left a mess of nuts and bolts,odds and ends of tools,and a nice tranny,scissor-jack on rollers! Works so well,I used it all the time!.The push button lock would'nt open all the way,a gentle tap of a hammer,Voila! All sitting in a can of marvel oil.Hey no rust! mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.