Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dog tooth seat fabrics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
johannes
Just bought this catalog showing dog tooth as standard or option for seat fabric on the 914-6.

Found on another tread that it was a 1970 only option.

I have never seen a car carrying this option.

Seems you could have the dog tooth on 914-4 when you ordered a metallic paint ...
MDG
I have never seen it on a factory -6. I think one of the 916s may have had it. A lot of early 911's had hounds tooth in both black on white and tan on white.

One of the members here, TC Davis (Carr914) has just had two sets of seats recovered in hounds tooth for the pair of GT clones he's building.

pretty cool!

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
I have seen it on numerous 71-73 911's (referred to as "houndstooth, but whatever..). Can't say I've ever seen it in the US on any version of a 914.
Pat
Gustl
QUOTE(johannes @ Jun 10 2009, 09:56 PM) *

Seems you could have the dog tooth on 914-4 when you ordered a metallic paint ...

yupp - same info on the "PORSCHE|AUDI" version of the 1970 PORSCHE COLORS
zymurgist
East coast guys, help me out. There was a tall German guy from Maryland or NoVa who had an orange '75 or '76 with the houndstooth fabric in his car. I remember it because I'd never seen it in a 914 before.
914Sixer
My first Porsche 67 911S I bought in Germany in 1970 had the 1st style hounds tooth check shown. I have never seen the pattern in a 914 though.
championgt1
These seats are in a 75 car. The car is listed in the classifieds here. I do not know if they are original or not. From the picture it is hard to tell but the drivers and passengers seat back appears to be that material.

Click to view attachment
dug
I saw a pic of a 914 with houndstooth in one of the 914 books (pre internets) back in the late 80s. I loved it and had my seats recovered like that in my first 914, a 74 2.0. The pic in one of the books would lead me to think it was factory:) I don't have the book or a digital photo of my first car handy.

One thing to note about this patter, is the white fabric starts to show dirt. My driver seat started to be more brown than the passenger side in the 3 years I drove that car before selling it.

cheers,
dug
tod914
Otto in Venice CA, restored an Irish green 6 that had tan interior and one of the 2 bottom dog tooth patterns from what I recall. Maybe he can confirm. Was around 1998 - 99.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.