Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freedom
what are available?

i dont like the way the bursch looks like, is there any other?

where to look?
rhodyguy
for what type of heat exchangers? 2.0, 1.7/1.8? 74' and earlier. with the valance on you don't see much of the muffler anyway. first one is a "bursch"style (brad calls them bus mufflers i think.

kevin
tat2dphreak
I know several people on the board swear by the TRIAD... it's what I plan to get as well!
rhodyguy
this one is a Triad single tip. i like the look without the valance. a number of folks here have the 2 tip style. nice sticker, huh?

kevin
machina
I have triad headers and exhaust. Works for me, sounds great, and meets the db requirements.

dr
rhodyguy
what does dave ellison call that final (muffler)? i'll bet they sound good.

kevin
seanery
I've got the triad as well:
IPB Image

sounds:
There are 2 files, both wma files. 1st one is 900k second one is 1.2meg

muffler 2
muffler 1
rhodyguy
is that the car you're selling sean? what are you taking to california?

kevin
seanery
i'm not selling a car.
If it works out for me to go to cali, I'll pickup bluecar and take it up to WCC.
dbledsoe
Is there a web site for Triad headers and exhaust? Or can someone direct me to where Traid headers can be purchased?

icon14.gif

Thanks,
Don
seanery
Triad West Performance
Dave_Darling
http://www.triadwestperformance.com

The one that I recall hearing in person was quite loud.

--DD
dbledsoe
Thanks Sean!
rhodyguy
also listed in "Resources, Parts, Products".

kevin
tat2dphreak
I have a question regarding the triad... are they used w/ stock H/Es or the triad header only? I just thought of that... <_<
dinomium
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 4 2004, 08:36 AM)

sounds:
There are 2 files, both wma files. 1st one is 900k second one is 1.2meg

So that is what they are suposed to sound like wink.gif
I might go with twin 10" SuperTrapps. Dave D said that it would BE LOUD!!
But I like LOUD...
mightyohm
It doesn't look like they have any place to install an O2 sensor. The Bursh collector design has a nice section of pipe that is fed by both HEs and that looks like just the place to put an O2 bung.

I like the dual outlet look, if I can figure out a way to get an O2 sensor onto it I might try it...
rhodyguy
good for 2.0 ss, good stock ones, or 4/6 headers. go look. i imagine you could find a point upstream to read all 4 cly with regards to the 02 bung. inside the car, on the freeway, my exhaust is no louder than dave hunt's bursch, imho. a damn sight quieter than geoff's car. dave ellison is doing interesting stuff for big/new engine swaps for 911's. dave, you always say they are loud. was that because you were standing at the back of the car when someone rev'ed it up?

kevin
aufaber
When my friend had Headers and a Supertrap on his car I could hear him coming from half a mile away, from inside the house.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 4 2004, 10:42 AM)
dave, you always say they are loud. was that because you were standing at the back of the car when someone rev'ed it up?

Nope. I was standing across the street when Eric fired his car up at JP's that once. That's the only one I've heard; maybe it was "very well loved"... But it was louder than I'd want!!

Supertrapps, on their own, are just plain obnoxious and not streetable IMHO. Unless you're already good buddies with local law enforcement...

--DD
maf914
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Mar 4 2004, 10:19 AM)
It doesn't look like they have any place to install an O2 sensor. The Bursh collector design has a nice section of pipe that is fed by both HEs and that looks like just the place to put an O2 bung.

I like the dual outlet look, if I can figure out a way to get an O2 sensor onto it I might try it...

The Triad design brings the exhaust from both heat exchangers to a common center pipe before splitting again into two tailpipes. it looks like this center pipe would work for an O2 sensor. Check the Triad web site for a photo.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(maf914 @ Mar 4 2004, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Mar 4 2004, 10:19 AM)
It doesn't look like they have any place to install an O2 sensor.  The Bursh collector design has a nice section of pipe that is fed by both HEs and that looks like just the place to put an O2 bung.

The Triad design brings the exhaust from both heat exchangers to a common center pipe before splitting again into two tailpipes. it looks like this center pipe would work for an O2 sensor. Check the Triad web site for a photo.

where are you seeing that? all I see is them using it with their header?
rhodyguy
dave, i think the fact that eric has a 2.7 and headers might have something to do with it. the final works with headers or he's. if you didn't car about heat you could use rusted out 2.0 he's for the piping and get the swap on a budget.

kevin
mightyohm
QUOTE(maf914 @ Mar 4 2004, 12:25 PM)

The twin outlet muffler shown on their site has a very very short stub in the center between the two resonators. It might work but mounting the sensor would be difficult in such a confined area. I don't know if the one they show is for a 911 or 914.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 4 2004, 12:55 PM)
dave, i think the fact that eric has a 2.7 and headers might have something to do with it.

Could be... All I know is that I've heard one car (that I know of) with a Triad muffler, and it was rather loud.

--DD
redshift
Triad, am there, doing that. It's the only great part of my car.

smile.gif

M
robby750
I like my Mittlemotor stainless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.