Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this V8914 in Florida considering bidding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I have a friend interested in this car on ebay

Anyone seen this car or near Deerfieldbeach Florida

Dr Evil
It was mentioned in a thread here recently along with another V8 Raco car.
roadster fan
yeah someone posted an error in the vin # listing between this car and another in California. I think this one was right. There are also some inconsistencies in the HP/Torque numbers stated in the ad. If you can put eyes on the car it looks to be very nice, but at the money I think he is looking for I would definitely get up close and personal with it before bidding. Just my .02

Jim
computers4kids
Does anyone else smell something extremely fishy here - the 1st time around he lists a VIN # that is off another year car & obviously is not a just a typo of a 3 instead of a 4, because now it's a totally different number

Claims the wheels are Fuchs 9&10s. They are not. Also Fuchs did not make a 10" much less that there is NO way you could stuff them under a narrow body car

Says that is has Recaro seats - they look like a Cobra

Next to the items on the car, he lists eBay auctions, but if you look at his Feedbacks, they don't match up

He lists the shop that did alot of the work as the Shop that preps all the great Porsche race cars. They may exist, but I've never heard of them and I'm around this kind of shit. There are a couple of 911 racecars in the background of his pictures, but nothing exotic

He wouldn't answer questions on the last day of his original listing, saying stay tuned - the listing isn't complete yet.

I could go, but I think you get my point

The VIN issue does bother me, being more than just a typo. What kind of wheels are they if they are not fuchs? I thought the same thing about the 10" in the rears since I could only stuff 7's. Hearts possibly?

He obviously is a checkbook mechanic, which doesn't make him a bad person. The car looks pretty nice from outward appearances, but it's really hard to evaluate the conversion of the car without seeing and driving it.

carr914
The wheels look wide, but I can hardly get a 9" Fuch under my flared car.
Being a Checkbook Charlie could explain having some of the facts wrong, but not all of them.
Look at his Feedbacks, it's all electronic gizmos - alot of SIM cards. Nothing except one that would match up to a Porsche part

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.