Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window crank handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ME733
Question....and gentlemen i realize i might upset the purests in the group...the statement is,and is in fact the truth is , the WINDOW crank handles are a piece of s--t., I have reciently had both left and right ones simply fall apart....HAS ANYONE found a solid metal window crank, (of any color) that will replace these crappy parts??????...I realize that the new window cranks are very cost effective (cheap as dirt) but its just the principal of the thing...I mean I just do not want to carry spare window cranks in my emergency repair kit.....comments, suggestions,and a solution would be appreciated....me733. WTF.gif headbang.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

You can find a nice replacement window crank on various 914 suppliers site,

I.E. Auto Atlanta, Pelcian Parts, Performace Parts, and E-Bay at times these are

all metal chrome. Nice looking I had them on my 914 ,but changed back to

stock. I hope I was of some help! Dave slap.gif
pcar916
I repaired mine with a few stainless rivets and washers years ago. I suppose a small Grade 8 bolt and red locktite would do as well, but it takes a bit longer. My rationalization is this.

Porsche wanted light-weight to stretch the horsepower, and floppy for safety in a crash... how about them apples?

~Ron
StratPlayer
They sell the ones that your probably looking for here:
http://www.9xauto.com/914a.htm
tat2dphreak
beetle cranks work, too... and cheap.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Strat player Is right I checked A.A. & Performance products Cataloges ,looked

on P.Parts site , no dice. At the time i first ans. your post I was trying to

remember 9xauto they have what you want, $27.95 a pair.

Dave slap.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 11 2009, 07:43 AM) *

beetle cranks work, too... and cheap.

agree.gif

There's lots of nice aftermarket cranks for beetles out there that fit ...
ahdoman
Andy,
I put these Empi Billets on the turd. They do a great job rolling up the older style window assemblies...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EMPI-8510-B...2QQcmdZViewItem
dashgod
Another option...

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=363
markb
I just ordered a couple of the early chrome door handles for my car. I haven't been able to find them before this. Thanks for the link! smile.gif
azbill
You can also install electric window lifts biggrin.gif
black73
QUOTE(ME733 @ Jun 11 2009, 10:17 AM) *

Question....and gentlemen i realize i might upset the purests in the group...the statement is,and is in fact the truth is , the WINDOW crank handles are a piece of s--t., I have reciently had both left and right ones simply fall apart....HAS ANYONE found a solid metal window crank, (of any color) that will replace these crappy parts??????...I realize that the new window cranks are very cost effective (cheap as dirt) but its just the principal of the thing...I mean I just do not want to carry spare window cranks in my emergency repair kit.....comments, suggestions,and a solution would be appreciated....me733. WTF.gif headbang.gif

agree.gif

So I tried a set I had left over from my '66 Mustang. They fit perfect. Just needed a little longer screw to hold them on. Haven't broken one yet. You can get them at Mustangs Unlimited for about $10 each.

JmuRiz
I was looking into these, I think they'd be great in a 914:
IPB Image
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 12 2009, 11:42 AM) *

I was looking into these, I think they'd be great in a 914:
IPB Image

agree.gif I was looking at those too, very sexy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.