Bolwsby mentioned that some 911s may join you guys on this drive. I'm the one
trying organize my 911 buddies for this but I should've asked first if we're
even invited. We did the Mines Rd drive last weekend and had a blast (below is
the link). If OK with you, I'd also like to alert the Diablo PCA about this
too. So, what do you think? By the way, I'm putting together a tech session in
Danville on March 28 at AutoAffair. It's on detailing your car for a show. All
Porsches are welcome. Thanks.
Jeffs9146
Now I have to get this thing on the road!! Damn I want to drive it!! I have the itch!! driving.gif

Jeff
SirAndy
sure, why not ...
as long as they don't whine too much laugh.gif

maybe we can even pull a few over to the dark side ph34r.gif
Andy
fiid
Is ti a good idea to take taildraggers on a road with corners?
laugh.gif

Should be a fun time.

I am also interested in getting together with other car groups - like it would be fun to do a run with the Lotus group, and I know there is a local Roadster group and Alfa group. Randy Wentzyl (sp?) tried to organize something like this once - not sure if it happened or not.
ppickerell
Yea folks, let's not let these 911 guys show up with more cars than us!
olav
When is the drive? Where are the details?
airsix
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Mar 4 2004, 09:15 AM)
By the way, I'm putting together a tech session... It's on detailing your car for a show.

lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif

Speaks for it's self!!!!!!!!!!! Volunteer to put on a 914-style tech session. Something like "How to fabricate solid tranny mounts from scrap steel." or "10 ways to shave 30 pounds from your daily driver with a sawsall." Have fun with the girlly boys. laugh.gif

-Ben M.
ppickerell
Olav,
Here are the details:

I am pleased to announce that I will be hosting the March 27th 914 breakfast at my company in Pleasanton .
Address:
Peridot Corporation
1072 Serpentine Lane Suite E
Pleasanton, CA. 94566
Date:
Saturday March 27th
Time:
9:14 a.m.!
I will provide refreshments (Donuts, Bagels, coffee, juice ) at no charge. I will take any one that is interested on a tour of our modern CNC machine shop .

Now for the good part, attack of the twisties . I propose that all who wish participate in a drive over Mines Road. This road starts at the base of the road to Del Valle in Livermore and comes out at Mount Hamilton in San Jose. This road is little travelled except by crazed ninja biker fools and is EPIC . Those who live in the San Joaquin valley can take a side road half way up that comes out on HWY 5 near Patterson if they wish . Those from the south bay will probably drive through and come out in east San Jose . Those from east bay and north might just drive most the way up Mines and turn around . This is a LONG drive (2-3 hrs at least) and there are NO SERVICES at all other than a tiny grocery store with a toothless kid playing banjo on the front porch.
More details will follow if there is interest. A head count will help with food prep.
Thanks,
Patrick
What thinks ye?
JeffBowlsby
Well t sounds like this March 27th Donuts and Drive may be climaxing to be the equivalent of Le Mans or Nurburgring…

The official road trip policy of the ‘Club’ if there is one, should be recited aloud to the faithful before suiting up and bleaching the tires…

‘This is a pleasure drive…not a road race. Obey all traffic laws, drive safely. You are responsible for your own actions’.

My daughter informed me last night of a commitment she needs me to attend that very day and time unfortunately. I will attempt to make other provisions for her and attend this March ‘Brake-fast’…but I may need to miss this one.
Andyrew
I'll have to talk to dad about this one!! Probably will take the 951, just too long for me to feel comfortable taking the 914.

We might be able to make this one!

Andrew
ppickerell
Ok, disclaimer time; by posting comments from renegade 911 guys or Ducati demons at no time did I advocate the driving of anything other than the speed limit or over the speed that is safe for the conditions. Fergawdsakes I have a 1.7!
Carl
Randy Wentzel organized a Santa Rosa area drive about 3 years ago that included Roadglue members, a Bay Area 911 group and an Audi TT group. The drive wasn't too bad except it was raining and the guys with the big gas pedals were on them all the time. The event quickly reduced itself to high speed and poor judgement.

In our discussion after that, we came to the conclusion that joint events weren't our best choice. I think that was the last one conducted that way.

The upcoming event may be different but you'll probably find each club has its own personality and emphasis. When you lose control of an event it isn't nearly as much fun.

Just my $.02
ppickerell
Carl,
I will be headed up the hill at my stately 47 year old 1.7L pace clap56.gif with my kid, and don't really care who beats me to the top ar15.gif ! If the 911 guys want to take off first so we don't slow em down, that sounds logical to me MDB2.gif . I love all p-cars wub.gif and can tolerate watching the back end of one just fine. Now when my 2.0 is done, that's another story Yack.gif !
Mueller
I heard a few horror stories with regards to one of the bay area clubs (turbo guys) a few years ago making passes on damn near blind corners and speeds way too high.........call me chicken, but vehicular manslaughter is not something I want on my concience !!!!!

Some of you guys may not care(Zois), but for those of us in the PorscheClubAmerica, membership can be revoked due to recklessness while driving your Porsche (every member is an abassador of the PCA and should be representing the marque in thier best behavior)

damn, am i getting old or what?? LOL

piss poor driving irks me, but when I see a fellow Porsche owner driving like an a$$hole on the road, it reflects poorly for all of us, it does not matter if we only have a 914, to the general public it's still a Porsche and it's the few a-holes that can give us a bad rap......

(porcupine joke)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.