Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Major milestone; My car rolls!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wes V
For about 14 months, I've been doing rust repair on my car. During that time, it's been on a work platform / chassis jig, or what ever you want to call it.

Yesterday I took it off the jig and it now rolls on it's own wheels!!

w00t.gif

Of course, now I'm going to have to put it up on jack stands so that I can do a bunch of the welding that the jig being in the way prevented.

Pictures;

Here it is with a beam clear-spanning the jig at the firewall and also jack-stands holding up the front.

IPB Image

With the jig rolled out, but with the car still floating in air.

IPB Image

And finally with the car sitting on it's wheels.

IPB Image

Now I have to figure out what to do with the platform.

(side note; 4 1/2" wide rims are not wide enough and need to be addressed)

Wes (I'm a happy camper) Vann
jmill
smilie_pokal.gif

Sweet. Read through your flare install several times. Hopefully mine will be on the ground by the end of summer.
Derek Seymour
That's gotta feel good!!!! Good job on the flare install, looks perfectly matched all the way around. Can't wait to see it with new paint!
roadster fan
smilie_pokal.gif keep up the good work, I have enjoyed following your progress!

Jim
brp986s
'Grats! I would pull up a chair with a beer3.gif and admire it. I can relate - mine's been in the air 3yrs now but coming together. What are you plans in the powertrain dept.?
kconway
Wes,
Did you trim the lip of your fenders or did you leave them as they came for AA?
Kev
Wes V
brp986s;

I want to do a Audi 2.7t V6 or 4.2 V8. (I think the V6 would be more fun, but damn they are pricey) The transmission will be a VW / Audi 012 5 speed (think early boxster 5 speed). I've already got the transmission.

In the photos, there isn't any drivetrain mounted. I've got threaded rod holding up the rear (in place of the shocks and springs) so that I can figure ride height.

kconway;

I haven't trimmed the lips yet (I'm assuming you are talking around the wheel opening). It will have to be done!!

Wes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.