Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70' Passenger Seat update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Hey guys! I want to update the passenger seat so that it moves. I have to update the mounts on the pan correct?

I have a spare 76' laying around that is gonna be a sim car, can I use those?

Anyone have a process?
GaroldShaffer
Yes, you need the seat mounts and the dog tooth looking thing that goes on the frame support across the front of the seats also from a later car. I had this done on my 70 also. I didn't do it myself as my welding skills suck.

Looking back I could have done it. just take the measurements from the 76 and plot them out on your 70 then sawzall-smiley.gif and welder.gif
GaroldShaffer
Also you will need a later style back pad once you are done.

Before
Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 12 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Before
Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment

Got the backpad and the extra seat! Is it just spot welded on there? I mean, is it just a matter of drilling? sawzall-smiley.gif
curtis
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 12 2009, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 12 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Before
Click to view attachment

After

Click to view attachment

Got the backpad and the extra seat! Is it just spot welded on there? I mean, is it just a matter of drilling? sawzall-smiley.gif

Its really up to you. You can either spot weld it in or seam-(butt weld it in) meaning weld the whole perrimeter of the seat hinge. After wards por-15 the crap out of it and use self etching primer followed by a couple coats of paint and you are in bussiness. The front rake adjustement slider teeh are both bolted and welded in place just pay strick attention to how it is installed in the car you pull the part out of and carefully measure the car you pull it out of(use the other car as a template)
GaroldShaffer
Not 100% sure they are spot welded, but they would almost have to be. I know replacement floor pans don't come with the hinges.
curtis
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 12 2009, 08:46 PM) *

Not 100% sure they are spot welded, but they would almost have to be. I know replacement floor pans don't come with the hinges.

They are spot welded. Just drill out the spot welds to get the hinges out,just try not to bugger them up to bad so that it makes it easier to reinstall them later. The best way to get the other(forward) piece out is to just cut it out and trim it to fit the car you are putting it into.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.