Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking experienced 914 person to inspect car in Springfield MO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brisco914prc
I'm looking for an experienced 914 person to inspect a '73 2.0 that is for sale in Springfield MO. I live in California. I am willing to pay for your time.

The car has been listed on thesamba for at least since October 2008, when I first saw it. Has anyone on this bbs seen the car shown at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=673942

I have to wonder why the car has been listed for sale for so long without selling. If it was in California I would have gone to see it, but it's too far for me to consider inspecting personally.

Please contact me by pm or email t2coupe@totheweb.com if you have direct knowledge of this car or would be willing to do an inspection.

Thank you,

Gint
Moving to the garage.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Brisco914prc @ Jun 12 2009, 08:40 PM) *

I'm looking for an experienced 914 person to inspect a '73 2.0 that is for sale in Springfield MO. I live in California. I am willing to pay for your time.

The car has been listed on thesamba for at least since October 2008, when I first saw it. Has anyone on this bbs seen the car shown at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=673942

I have to wonder why the car has been listed for sale for so long without selling. If it was in California I would have gone to see it, but it's too far for me to consider inspecting personally.

Please contact me by pm or email t2coupe@totheweb.com if you have direct knowledge of this car or would be willing to do an inspection.

Thank you,

Hi Barry - this is Tom T in Orange CA - we'd emailed about COAs recently.

I've seen that ad but not the car in person. Call him & check if it's still available & at what price now (economy & market is slow - so????). My thoughts at the time were: that I hate the non-OE wood dash & funky steering wheel cover, that the drivers seat may have rips/condition issues due to the cover & possibly the pass. too by the look of the inset panel not being black leatherette; that the under-pan appears to be rusty with no paint, primer nor undercoating at all - just a layer of surface rust (or possibly worse). All would be fixable items if solid otherwise.

If it's still available - then let me suggest that you fly Southwest San Jose or SFO to Tulsa (about $320 + tax/fees right now), then rent a car to drive up to Springfield MO to personally see the car (nothing beats a first hand look). You can make the drive straight thru on I-44 in about 4 hours each way, so you may want to book a room at Springfield along I-44(Hoilday Inn Express there is nice & about $100/nite). That way you can treat yourself to dinner at Lambert's - "Home of the Throwed Rolls" - about 15-20 mins. south of Springfield/I-44 on US-65 going toward Branson! smile.gif

I've been doing that drive for many years as part of our annual Aug/Sept family trek from Indianapolis to Tulsa to Tahlequah & Sallisaw OK for our annual Cherokee Holidays & Ceremonies. You could also expand it to suit your tastes to either see Branson with your wife/family/etc., &/or to see Indian Country down in OK while you're back there.

Good Luck!
Tom
///////
jt914-6
Are you looking for very nice $9,000 914 or maybe a fix-er-up-er????? I may know of a 2.0 that would be a restoration project. It's at a shop of a friend and I just poked around under the carpets inside, front, and rear trunks and saw no rust to speak of. Shop owner thinks the owner might sell it......if it is.....I'd like to see it go to a good home.....Can check into it if you wish.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.