Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ynotdd
I am going to put a in line fuel gauge in.I am thinking of putting it near the adjustable fuel pressure unit.(stock FI) my question is what size is the fuel line there? I.D. ?Summit sells 1/2 and 3/8 fittings
help and thoughts please
spank.gif flag.gif
steve@ottosvenice.com
8 mm Fuel line is used there. Steve
ynotdd
what does 8mm translate to 1/2 5/16 3/8 ?
JWest
Very close to 5/16".
rhodyguy
get metric.

kevin
Chris H.
agree.gif
Dave_Darling
The fittings, last I measured, were 7mm. I think 8mm would be a bit of a loose fit... I don't think metric fittings are necessary, particularly if you get barbed fittings. Which I would recommend. Do use the FI-style hose clamps, not the "regular" ones that slice up the hose as you crank them down.

--DD
tod914
7mm is a really really tight fit. That is what came stock on the car. 8mm fits nice. Much easier to get on and off. Try a local VW parts vendor or Foriegn supply place. Most will sell it. Make sure it is braided high pressure line.
lapuwali
5/16" is only 0.002" smaller than 8mm, and a lot easier to find in the US. I'd venture that the manufacturing tolerances for fuel hose and barbed fittings are no better than 0.005", so they're basically the same. Indeed, I'd bet there's one factory making fuel hose that marks half the batch as 8mm, and the other half as 5/16".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.