Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrades and recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tag
I'm putting together a wants and needs list because I'll have over $5k to dump into my car in February. Everything on the 76 is stock. Sense my engine runs pretty good, what would you guys upgrade? I'm thinking of doing the follow for sure; brakes (recommendations), suspension (recommendations),
exhaust / header (recommendations)

and then maybe the following upgrades; Wheels, maybe 5 lug conversion, back dated bumpers.
What would you do? Thank you for any input
Spoke
Go 5-lug with some nice fuchs. 911 front end and Eric Shea rear hubs. Adjustable perch rear shocks for easy height adjustment. Swaybars front and rear.

Early chrome bumpers.
tag
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 13 2009, 03:15 AM) *

Go 5-lug with some nice fuchs. 911 front end and Eric Shea rear hubs. Adjustable perch rear shocks for easy height adjustment. Swaybars front and rear.

Early chrome bumpers.

Thank you
tod914
Turbo tie rods, koni adjustable street shocks, new bushings, front and rear sway bars (if they aren't on there already), 100lb springs. Triad exhaust, SS Heat exchangers. Nice pair of Fuchs or Mahles and new tires. You'll see a real nice gain in hp with that exhaust combo while still keeping it stockish. Fuel system ok? When was the tank last inspected and how old are the lines? 19mm Master cyl, Erics rebuilt calipers, and new oem brake lines. New shift bushings. That should take a chunk out of your project money smile.gif I prefer the 75 76 style bumpers (one of the few). Im sure a few guys can chime in on a good ignition system for you. Depending on how much you lower the car, you might need a bump steer kit. Try in the Autocross forum as well. I'm sure they can give you some great input.
orange914
staying stock, going modified?
tag
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 13 2009, 12:46 PM) *

staying stock, going modified?

Modified most likely smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.