Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailing Arm Nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
My 73 developed a clunk in the rear end and it turned out to be the trailing arms were loose. Only the inner nut though.

I know its a locking nut and it appears to be in good condition. I'll try to get new ones.

Has anyone had experience with this? I sure hope its not the ears!

I think I may take the arms off and check the ears....wish me luck.
r_towle
It seems to be a symptom of a failing ear.

Rich
Gint
Or a severely deteriorated, collapsed, rotten or otherwise destroyed bushing. You need to get under there and do a really good inspection with lots of light. Look at the bushings and check for console ear cracks or rust or...
Project 6
agree.gif with the FOG.....

Take it apart and inspect it....the install from the factory is most likely older than your first bowel movement w/o diapers.....

Yes....I looked at his B-day in the archives.....
brant
probably an ovaled hole at least.
On a track car it is a symptom of failed ear and need for bracing.

cwpeden
Lets see,

Koni Sports
200 lb springs
205/50 RT615's

Drive like I stole it, they might be wearing out

Had the car to bare metal 7 years ago and it was sound then. Finished the resto in 06, only 23000 miles since then.

I wanted to do the rear bushings and front torsion bars anyway...
Jeffs9146
Ovaled ear!!

cwpeden
The trailing arm nuts were tight but holly shit the axel nut was loose.

Must have some kind of Star Trek cotter pin, as the nut went right through it and reappeared in the next slot. WTF.gif Maybe I was loaded when I put it on. beerchug.gif

I dont know, tightened it will replace bearings later, after autox season. They will need it anyways!

Thanks for getting my hopes up guys
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Well, What use to tighten up my nuts was SEX. Now the thought of it is enought.

Just thought i would throw this in. Use it before you lose it! Because you will !!!

Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.