Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fixing stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jea69
rant. sitting with the trottlebody on my workbench , with the valve closed i can

allmost walk thru it , no wonder the idle been high dry.gif , its riveted on top of the

thru axel for good measure, im a blacksmith i know riveting, ha! , guess im

hammering/filing the valve flap to fit the ovality of the t body bore . whatever

happened to replacable parts. dry.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jea69 @ Jun 13 2009, 06:47 PM) *

rant. sitting with the trottlebody on my workbench , with the valve closed i can

allmost walk thru it , no wonder the idle been high

How high was your idle?

Zach
P.Rocket
QUOTE(jea69 @ Jun 13 2009, 04:47 PM) *

allmost walk thru it , no wonder the idle been high dry.gif , its riveted on top of the

thru axel for good measure, im a blacksmith i know riveting, ha! , guess im

hammering/filing the valve flap to fit the ovality of the t body bore . whatever

happened to replacable parts. dry.gif

My idle used to hang up and was very slow to come down at a stop.
I ran a small tap thru the air bleed hole on the throttle flap and installed a small machine screw.
The throttle returns to idle perfect and bangs down nicely between shifts. Very sweet fix. And the screw can be removed if it doesn't work for you.
Good luck!
jea69
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 14 2009, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(jea69 @ Jun 13 2009, 06:47 PM) *

allmost walk thru it , no wonder the idle been high

How high was your idle?

Zach

hi, it would never go lower than 1500, that was after fixing the aar valve. before

that 2000 . the trottlebody is pretty worn ,so i hammered out the edges

of the valve stretching the metal to close the gaps and make it a perfect fit to the

imperfect bore . now i can allmost kill it with the air screw all in smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.