Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: effin neighbors, two can play that game
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
6am Sat the neighbor on the right starts weedwackin with his gas powered wacker...okay time to get up on a Sat..then my hayfever hits from all his shit in the air........

6pm right as we are expecting 10 friends for a Sat night party the neighbor on the left starts mowing his 12" grass...with his earphones on.. I try to get his attention but he ignores me...atleast he finished by 7:30PM so the guests, Monique and I could go outside and enjoy the yard and talk...and I have taken another Hayfever pill so I can't drink much tonight.

today at 8am I am finishing mowing the grass and shit look the muffler came off...fucking lawn mower is loud at 8 am....even Monique came and said "nice of you to mow the grass but that is really loud". "yep, sure the hell is" I yell back at her...as I mow the grass twice so its really cut nicely or who cares as I wonder how long this tank of gas will last as I go back and forth.....maybe I should be wearing ear plugs..
Zaney
I feel ya on the Hayfever yesterday! It destroyed me! Actually looking forward to a little rain to knock down the dust.
beerchug.gif Nate
tradisrad
Gotta love those early birds. I was living in a condo on the ground floor and some jackass starts with the leaf blower at 6am on a sunday. Somehow I get his attention and point to my wrist like don't you know it's too early? He tell me the time. I call the cops, but he is gone before they show up.
Flash forward 10 years and now I have the neighbors dogs who bark all the time, infact I can hear them right now as I type. one day I will snap.

I hope your mower woke them up!

I am fortunate and don't really suffer from hay fever, but my wife does. I see her suffer alot.
veltror
dogs, somewhere I read that a bark is the most annoying sound, no rhythm, no specific beat, dogs bloody stupid animals.. When you snap make sure you do it badly.....
Bleyseng
Dogs, you bring up dogs! Got a daschund in the house behind me that barks all day and night at everything...Vietnamese lady lives there and when I asked her to stop her dog from barking at midnight one night as I couldn't sleep she said" What! dog is supposed to bark"...

I called the cops that night....they talked to her about noise, dogs, etc....now when I am outside and after 5 minutes of barking I yell "Shut up" the lady comes running out and brings the dog inside for awhile...Now in Suriname you just shoot the dog if its running loose and barking.
tod914
Next time he has company outside, top off your mower, run it and take your wife out for lunch smile.gif. I think I have your neighbors twin brother living next to me.
Lavanaut
Personally I've had really good luck with a knock on the door and a friendly request to not do _____ if it's something unreasonable. You know, like at 1:00 p.m. on a Saturday when everyone's all calm and such. Goes a long way towards keeping the neighborhood a friendly place.

Reid

Jake Raby
Damn I am glad my closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away..

You would NOT want to be my neighbor, even that far away an engine burning at 8,000 RPM is piercing..

The last neighbor I had that gave me a problem didn't like it when I took a Briggs and Stratton engine, pulled off the muffler and slapped it into a 55 gallon drum with the top cut off.. I wired the throttle wide open and let it run all day and all night for 3 days until it finally expired without ever shutting off. Geoff, you should give that a try, its cheap and effective.. Especially when you mix Dexron Mercon tranny fluid in the gas and make it somoke like a freight train...

messix
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 14 2009, 03:27 PM) *

Damn I am glad my closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away..

You would NOT want to be my neighbor, even that far away an engine burning at 8,000 RPM is piercing..

The last neighbor I had that gave me a problem didn't like it when I took a Briggs and Stratton engine, pulled off the muffler and slapped it into a 55 gallon drum with the top cut off.. I wired the throttle wide open and let it run all day and all night for 3 days until it finally expired without ever shutting off. Geoff, you should give that a try, its cheap and effective.. Especially when you mix Dexron Mercon tranny fluid in the gas and make it somoke like a freight train...

lol-2.gif av-943.gif you're a super prick!
messix
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 14 2009, 02:37 PM) *

Dogs, you bring up dogs! Got a daschund in the house behind me that barks all day and night at everything...Vietnamese lady lives there and when I asked her to stop her dog from barking at midnight one night as I couldn't sleep she said" What! dog is supposed to bark"...

I called the cops that night....they talked to her about noise, dogs, etc....now when I am outside and after 5 minutes of barking I yell "Shut up" the lady comes running out and brings the dog inside for awhile...Now in Suriname you just shoot the dog if its running loose and barking.

i used to wholesale fireworks so i all ways had a stash of stuff at my house, some that would be considered borderline line legal. so the white trash behind has their dog barking all day and all night i'd go out and launch something over their house that would make think that they're in Iraq.
barada
Thats funny, yesterday when I was cutting grass my Neighbor (for 3 years) finally introduced himnself to me and let me know the shrubs at the property line were mine and he trims his side of them. I said oh yeah thanks. I went in the house and grabbed the chainsaw and sawed down 3 of them.

Phillip
Bleyseng
I love the tranny fluid idea,,I'll save that for later...

We have in the past been good friends but after a few stupid incidents , like I said he ignored me as I was waving at him....he saw me..

besides I love fucking with people after they start it.

The other neighbor is a Chinese guy who lives with his family with his mom, he is okay but marches to a different beat.
drive-ability
I had a neighbor dispute, you don't want to go there. Take the good with the bad, because it can cost a lot of money. Ask me how I know ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Dr Evil
I like having good neighbors, but I am wanting the Raby set up with my nearest neighbor far enough away not to be bothered or to bother.

Someday I will have my utopia dry.gif
Rand
I have great neighbors. Glad I don't live near you jokers. Oy!!
Seriously.... Drama queens. What a bunch of horrible crap to live next to!!!!!!!!!!!
Some neighbors love to "up-the-other" with more dramatic bullshit.
You like that?

Not me.

My neighbors are great friends who help each other out.
We enjoy each other, and think about each other. We are tuned in to our effects on each others' peace.
You jokers who deal with all the crap.... How about you become happier people and move to better neighborhoods??

I know. Flame away. I'm harsh because I had an extra drink tonight. Psh. I guess I'm just really glad I live where I do.

But seriously, think about it. Be the neighbor you want to live next to. And upgrade. YOURSELF! As often as you can.

If you hate your neighbors... Fill their yard with smoke and noise with a vengeful heart??? No, it would be more honorable to MOVE. Then you win and leave their sorry asses behind. Take the high road.
tradisrad
its not the neighborhood it's the neighbor.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(barada @ Jun 14 2009, 03:30 PM) *

Thats funny, yesterday when I was cutting grass my Neighbor (for 3 years) finally introduced himnself to me and let me know the shrubs at the property line were mine and he trims his side of them. I said oh yeah thanks. I went in the house and grabbed the chainsaw and sawed down 3 of them.

Phillip

Buddy of mine has trees along the back of his property. The neighbor behind him complained that the trees were overhanging the property line. My buddy went and broke all the branches, and left them hang there to die...

...Once they were all dead and brown, my buddy got up on a ladder with a can of fluorescent orange spray paint, and painted the back side of his trees that were now entirely on his side of the fence.
aircooledtechguy
I have to say that I enjoy most of my neighbors. I find that actually t-a-l-k-i-n-g to them especially during social moments and getting to know them somewhat goes a LONG way in keeping neighbors happy. Most of the problems happen because folks are not speaking to one another. I would say that 95% of neighbor problems I hear about from other friends of mine seem to begin because there's a sort of "Soviet-era, cold-war" going on in the neighborhood and no one really speaks to one another; not even a simple "Hi, how are ya?" when you pull into the drive.

Just my .02 FWIW. . .
Bleyseng
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 15 2009, 09:05 AM) *

I have to say that I enjoy most of my neighbors. I find that actually t-a-l-k-i-n-g to them especially during social moments and getting to know them somewhat goes a LONG way in keeping neighbors happy. Most of the problems happen because folks are not speaking to one another. I would say that 95% of neighbor problems I hear about from other friends of mine seem to begin because there's a sort of "Soviet-era, cold-war" going on in the neighborhood and no one really speaks to one another; not even a simple "Hi, how are ya?" when you pull into the drive.

Just my .02 FWIW. . .

tried that several times...

We live in a great neighborhood as we have a progressive dinner every year, a Wednesday Salad night get together every Wednesday, a summer BBQ the whole neighborhood attends except my 3 neighbors who don't/won't attend and are anti social.
.My 4th neighbor is a great Hawaiian guy that we sit around and drink til I can barely stand up with in the summer. He has a restored 64 Chevy Impala convert to die for.
Move? the lite rail station is two blocks away and it starts operating in a month..no, Monique wouldn't move. I'll just ignore the people.....
jetboy
Thing is, here in SoCal the only time to do yard work (mow, edge, weedeat, ect.) is sun up (6am-7:30am) or sun down (7pm-8:30pm). Any other time as summer gets along, its either too hot or too dark. We tolorate it a bit more than most due to this i think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.