Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: F1 season starts today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
Just a reminder that first practice for the Australian GP is this evening (8PM Pacific) on Speed.

It will be interesting to see if Jenson Button in the BAR maintains his testing speed.

Richard clap56.gif
scotty
*sigh*

...yet another reason to get speed wink.gif
richardL
Checkout www.formula1.com - they have live timing data (same as the teams get). They just finished practice session #1 - guess who was quickest? No surprise really. Next session in 2 hours.

Richard
boxstr
On right now here on the left coast. YEAHYEAHYEAH What happened to Rick the fool, who cares.
Welcome back Bob Varsha..
CCLINSPEEDTV
tracks914
11 PM here now and it's on in the back ground. I'll have to go to bed soon. sad.gif
seanery
damn, didn't anyone else plan on going fast?
Looks like a Ferrari runaway wacko.gif
larryp
Button? Pleeze. Fisi should have a better chance in last year's Ferrari.
I bet Ron Dennis and Frank Williams are hopping mad!
It should be a very interesting year. The engine rule, I think, is designed less to make F1 "cheaper" than it is to throw a touch of randomness into the pot. You have to figure that a third of the front runners (all six of them), through the season, will lose an engine. (Their hope will be that they are not alone the weekend it happens.) That might make things closer; also that the minnows get to run better motors this year.
mwyatt
What do think about Renault running in third and fifth behind the two Ferraris in practice? Maybe they have a shot this year to really compete with the big boys (Ferrari, Williams, McLaren).
larryp
Convention sez no. Complete redesign of their motor this year, unlike the others. And they had a really sweet handling chassis last year, which they had to redesign around their new motor.

They have a good team though (aero and MD); I would rather be them than BAR or Toyota.

Regularly in the points? Definitely. Consistently with the big boys? It's a hell of a step.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.