Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor mount question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914chic
Alright so on my 74' 1.8l when taking off it feels like the whole back end is like lifting up as if the motor mounts are broken...as far as right now I can only see them by looking, but i will further inspect them once i get the floor jack home and stuff... What are your guys thoughts on this?

Also do they make a solid motor mount kit for this car?

Thanks in advance..
Dave_Darling
That's what my car felt like when the front mounts were completely broken. The shift lever also moved around a lot under braking. Once it was up on jackstands (a 914's natural habitat?) I could see the motor moving separate from the mount bar when I put a jack under the motor.

They do make solid (aluminum) mounts for these cars. They may be a bit harsh for street use though.

--DD
914chic
alright yeah i get the same thing going on when taking off in first gear....the shifter wants to move back and fourth......as far as the solid motor mounts go,I would rather go this route because the car is not a dd but rather a weekend car..

thanks again for the help.
Joe Ricard
polyethelene (Plastic cutting board) use a hole saw to cut 3 pieces of 1/2" thick wafers per side.
r_towle
most likely its the inner rubber mounts at the front of the motor.
Its an easy check...
Open the hood, put your hand on the motor near the passenger side..or just watch it...then rev it fast..then idle, the rev...it should not really move independent of the chassis...so you will see it.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.