Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Parts or Project Car $1000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dbgriffith75
Car: 1975 Porsche 914 2.0
Condition: Debateable biggrin.gif
Asking Price: $1000 obo

This car was originally my resto project but a disabling shoulder injury has prevented me from finishing it. The car had set for 10 years unprotected in Iowa weather before I purchased it. I have sold some parts off the car to help recover the expenses I have put into it, which are:

-shifter knob
-shifter linkage
-side shift transmission
-upper dash pad
-combination fuel/temp gauge
-starter
-right side tail light lens
-rear brake calipers

That is all I have sold at this point. The engine in the car when I bought it was carbed and has been rebuilt, but the top end/sheet metal still needs to be reinstalled. Here is a list of everything I've done with the motor:

-case and heads boiled clean by Arnold Motor Supply in Ankeny, IA
-new crank/connecting rod/cam bearings
-new wrist pin bushings
-new piston rings
-cylinders honed
-all new seals and gaskets
-used but good pressure regulator

In case you're looking for it you won't find a new cam in that list. The reason being is that the motor had less than 1000 miles on it after a rebuild that was installed by the PO. I had the cam inspected by Arnold Motor Supply as well and they confirmed it was within reasonable tolerances for reuse. However, since I was never able to finish the rebuild I haven't yet run the motor to find out for sure.

I also have a number of new parts that have been purchased mainly from PelicanParts.com that are new, some of which have been installed, but never used. These include:

-Points, rotor, cap, wires, and plugs
-License plate lamps
-Replacement seal channel for right side engine compartment
-Terry brand accelerator and clutch cables

Included with the car if you want them are the following:

(1) spare front hood that has not been drilled for a hood badge
(1) spare rear hood
(1) original engine from the car [set up for FI but I'm not sure if it's D or L jet]
(2) transmissions that are likely useless
(2) non-original doors that may be good for a few parts

This car is probably more useful as a parts car than anything else but isn't so far gone that it can't be recovered. The lighter yellow on the left rear fender is spray paint that I used on the car when I had stripped off that section of original paint and just needed something to keep the steel from rusting.

I would prefer to sell all of this at once rather than continue to part it out. The car has been stored at my parents house for the past couple of years but they are moving soon and won't have the room to keep storing it for me. Since the motor is out and rear calipers are gone shipping the car thru a standard company isn't a likely possibility. I am willing to meet the buyer halfway to take delivery. Or I will deliver for an extra fee, the amount of which to be determined by the driving distance.

Here are the pics. If you would like more, have questions or are interested in purchasing, please PM, email me at dbgriffith75@yahoo.com or call [Brian] 515-240-9731 anytime between the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM central standard time.

[Edit] I almost forgot- I still have the rear bumper and engine hood grille. I pulled them off a few weeks ago because I thought I had them sold but it didn't work out on either item.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dbgriffith75
...and finally, more pics....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.