Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: S front and M rear calipers with pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PeeGreen 914
Okay, I have decided to be period correct isn't a big deal to me after all. I Just have these rebuilt by PMB and they have less than 500 miles on them. Pads are included. Pads are Porterfield R4-S. Thought I'd offer here before I go to the Bird Board beerchug.gif

$1600 shipped. aktion035.gif
Lavanaut
drooley.gif
PeeGreen 914
Thanks beerchug.gif Hope someone wants to put them on their car. I need something different wink.gif
PlaysWithCars
I just saw these at the autocross this weekend and they are awesome! You're killing me Jon. What do you say you hang on to them for about a year until I recover from the motor rebuild? Then I would be happy to take them off your hands. rolleyes.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 14 2009, 11:31 PM) *

Okay, I have decided to be period correct isn't a big deal to me after all. I Just have these rebuilt by PMB and they have less than 500 miles on them. Pads are included. Pads are Porterfield R4-S. Thought I'd offer here before I go to the Bird Board beerchug.gif

$1600 shipped. aktion035.gif

A free bump biggrin.gif and a question. What were your thoughts on how this setup performed? I have a set of S calipers in waiting and I currently have M's all the way around. Cars not running yet so I have no data yet. So how did you like these? Did you run a proportioning valve? Good luck with the sale.
PeeGreen 914
Ran very well. I didn't get much time with them but when you step on the brakes everything stopped quick. You should love the S calipers. I ran the JWest valve.

Mark, I may hold on to the for you if you'd like. I don't need to do what I want right now but it sure would be nice wink.gif .
PeeGreen 914
icon_bump.gif bye1.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jun 16 2009, 03:45 AM) *

A free bump biggrin.gif and a question. What were your thoughts on how this setup performed? I have a set of S calipers in waiting and I currently have M's all the way around. Cars not running yet so I have no data yet. So how did you like these? Did you run a proportioning valve? Good luck with the sale.

I've been running that S set up for years....with an adjustable Porp valve.
The pedal is a bit soft due to the flex in the calipers (actually makes them easy to modulate) ..... they work fine. Some say they don't flex....mine sure as hell do.
They ARE light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.