Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip Gauge reset ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jetboy
I have a trip guage that the dial under the dash will not spin and reset. I have a parts car that I would like to remove this dial and replace my stuck one. How exactly is this done? Any help appriciated.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I like the trip gauge reset also. I am no expert on this tho. I have all the dash

gauges out of my 914 tho. Reset dial is connected tothe speedo via a cable

running up from the dial to the speedo. I could be just disconnected,or needs

replaced. If replaced is nessary it slips out of the dash and unscrews from the

speedo. If that doesn't work you probbly have a problem in the speedo.

my 2 cents Dave slap.gif
jetboy
So, I just need to pull out the speedo and unscrew the trip cable then it should be able to pull out from under the dash? I tried to pull the speedo, but, not much slack to get to the back. I can try again though.
Slider
It looks like they get pretty dry and at awkward angles. i had the same issue and took the speedo and cable out and i lubricated the cable and then when i installed it back i made sure the cable wasnt kinked at too far of an angle. if you pull the cable off the speedometer and it spins freely then like Dave says its an issue with your Speedometer.
rjames
I seem to remember awhile back someone saying not to try and reset it while the odomotor is moving (ie when the car is moving) or it will break. I'm sure someone will declare this to be truth or bs, but to be safe I never reset mine when the car is in motion.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.