Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone ever thought of doing "faux" centerbolts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
I am doing some pre-planning for some major re-do projects on my car this winter, including body work and hopefully a motor swap.

Has anyone ever thought of doing pin drive/centerbolt wheels on one of our little cars? There is a company doing bolt on adapters for the Cobra guys that can do the 5 on 130 bolt pattern, and makes an all black wheel that looks very similar to the five spoke 917 wheel. I just emailed them to see if they can do specific offsets. I was thinking 8’s up front and 10’s in the rear under a stretched/modified GT flair.

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
busmech
The new GT3 you can get it with real centerbolts, I think they have a kit to do the GT2 also. Just need the money to be able to buy the car to get the wheels.
Scott S
never mind - it wont work.

The bolt on hub is the easy part - they can easily do the 5 on 130. However, the actual drive pins that engage the wheel are their custom lug nuts that hold the adapter to the car - and no current manufacturer makes a center bolt wheel with the 5 on 130 pin pattern.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.