Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remove backpad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I'm removing the backpad and will replace with carpet.

Should I glue the carpet to the firewall? If not, how and where do I attach it?

Any pics and recommendations greatly appreciated.
redshift
What kinda carpet, dood? I have seen some that looked real nice just pasted right on.. it was all about the edges.

I would pad it, of course?

Yes, I would.

M
boxstr
Glue it on and I would use a pad but not really thick like under the floor carpet thick.
CCLINCARPETERIA
ss6
Yer gonna have some fun getting the carpet to conform to the uneven surface. Try to find the most flexible backing you can. I used a marine grade carpet (better UV resistance).
morph
We'll have one on the market very soon, within the next week or so, along with the sail and rollbar vinyl. We have already sold a couple of them. It is also a marine grade carpet that comes in black and charcoal. we can bond it for extra. For a race car its lightweight and good looking, and for a street car it looks great and fits great. And it will conform to the surface very well.

http://stores.ebay.com/914appearanceandper...ept0/index.html
bernbomb914
when I installed my new carpet I used two sided carpet tape to hold it in place\. It worked real good and made it easy

Bernie
Red-Beard
Marine grade?

I guess there is no helping the leaking...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.