Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
On a three port fuel pump what wire hooks to the + and- ?There is a black/red and a brown. I want to make sure these are hooked up correct and I suck at reading wiring diagrams.
neil30076
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:39 PM) *

On a three port fuel pump what wire hooks to the + and- ?There is a black/red and a brown. I want to make sure these are hooked up correct and I suck at reading wiring diagrams.

red/black is hot ( +ve) - brown is (-ve) ground
championgt1
That is what I needed to know. Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
Yup...brown be ground. Don't you have a test light or a Fluke?

Yer always gonna need one of them....or an Uncle Fester and a light bulb....
Joe Ricard
Meter won't do much good if wiring diagrams are foreign to him.

But if the motor spins backwards then reverse the leads.
Katmanken
Joe,

Isn't it hard for most mortals to see into a sealed pump to see if it's spinning backwards?

Brown is always ground (aka negative) in these cars.
rhodyguy
running jack?

k
championgt1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 16 2009, 09:16 AM) *

running jack?

k

It is all plumbed and ready to go. Hit the key and the fuel pump is not running. Changed the relay with a known good one and still nothing. Hooked the pump power directly to the battery and it pumps fuel no problem. Not sure were to go from here. headbang.gif
Spoke
There is a fuse for the fuel pump relay on the relay board in the engine compartment. Is the fuse ok?
Katmanken
1.8 with Ljet fuel injection??

Pump won't run if the air flap of the fuel injection doesn't move.
Cap'n Krusty
Try changing BOTH fuel system related relays and cleaning the fuse and its contacts on the relay board. The Cap'n
championgt1
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 16 2009, 10:40 AM) *

Try changing BOTH fuel system related relays and cleaning the fuse and its contacts on the relay board. The Cap'n

Will do.

It is a 2.0 djet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.