Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 CNC Machined Underdriven Alternator Pulley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
chrisb
914 underdriven alternator pulley CNC machined from 6061 Aluminum. It is approximately 1" larger than stock. (~5" OD vs ~4") Although it is larger than stock it is much lighter. I made this for a friend who road races a 914 in the Southeast and the part has already been tested. Just wanted to see if there might be any interest in these.

I will probably be asking for around $80. No shipping restrictions. I am located in Buford, GA just north of Atlanta. Parts are made in the US on US made HAAS CNC machines from US sourced and graded Aluminum. This particular pulley is not keyed as my friend did not require it at the time but any production units will be keyed so you will NOT have to modify your alternator.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I am happy to answer any questions you might have. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Chris Brinson
bam914
I am the one who has it. It fits perfect. Good belt alignment. I also have the belt size. Super happy with it.
tat2dphreak
can I ask what the advantage is to have it larger than stock? I can see smaller, since it would provide more revolutions of the alternator per revolution of the motor... hence providing more charge "in theory"

chrisb
Race cars frequently underdrive p/s, alternator and any other accesory pulleys to free up horsepower. Most race cars need to run a couple brake lights, fire injectors, maybe run an ecu and not much more. On a car with maybe 100WHP the extra couple horsepower you might free up could be huge.
tat2dphreak
that makes sense. I just wasn't thinking about it in a race car biggrin.gif
McMark
If you can scale it to stock diameter, you might have more interest.

Looks GREAT though!
chrisb
Thanks man. Scaling it to stock diameter would be a snap. If there is any interest in a stock sized pulley I can run a few.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.