Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi from the new guy!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jones
Hello all you 914club type people. Allow me to introduce myself, I am the owner of a 74 2.0. I have had the car for about 6 years or so and about 5 of those the car has been in storage. The last year I have been bringing her up to a driveable condition and now she is my daily driver clap56.gif I look forward to being a part of this site. Cheers beer.gif
914ghost
Woohoo!
the NW is heating up!
Welcome! rolleyes.gif
Kind of a strange first post....where are all your problems and questions..you dont have a running car do you? Do you actually drive it?? blink.gif You may want a different club if yours runs!!
hah! OH...just kidding**
Most people find the CLUB because they have insurmountable problems....
Show us pics please....
_Bob O
madd_dogg_914
Well, a hearty welcome to the site. New blood, errrr, people is always nice. wink.gif Please post a picture of your car, either here, or in the "please post a picture of your car" thread located in the nailed section of the technical forum. Glad to have you aboard, and please ask any questions if you have them. And also start thinking about the West Coast 914 Classic coming up in June. Check out the link at the top of the page (WCC 2004 info) The more the merrier. Seattle to San Jose is a bit of a drive, but by no means impossible. Definitely something to think about.

Again welcome.

-Chris
GWN7
Welcome new guy beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
After you post about 10 times I think you can will be able to add pics of your ride. Welcome!
dinomium
driving.gif
Welcome! This is gonna great season!! beer3.gif
Zaney
Howdy!

Whew, I was only the new guy for a few days! I too recently signed on with these nice folks!
Hope that the Seattle/W. WA scene will get things going this Sping/Summer.
Take care and C-ya round!

Nate beer.gif clover.gif
dinomium
I dont have my VIN but I am in Bremerton...
Joe Ricard
Zaney that is the absolute worst Avatar I have ever seen. Having had a 914 burn up on me just before Thanksgiving. I get flash backs and start thinking all over again what I must have done wrong.

blink.gif

Oh ya, welcome all you new guys. There is more experienced real wrench turners here than any other place on earth.

We vary from Mechanical Engineers to heavy metal street skaters all the way to computer nerds. wavey.gif
LS6/914
Welcome cool_shades.gif A running teener? Iam jealous laugh.gif
red914
it is great to hear about all these western washington 914s. hopefully i can get to meet some of them so as to learn a thing or two about this fun little car.

attn: dinomium.

you have a few cars; do you have any spare fuchs wheels, 5.5 x 15? do you, by chance, need a door or two? you are very close, as i am in poulsbo. beer3.gif
Zaney
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 4 2004, 04:54 PM)
Zaney that is the absolute worst Avatar I have ever seen.  Having had a 914 burn up on me just before Thanksgiving.  I get flash backs and start thinking all over again what I must have done wrong.

Sorry to hear about that Joe. However, it represents two things that excite me. FIRE and 914's! You can have one with out the other but I play with both! happy11.gif

I try to keep my aircooled cars clean in the fuel/ignition area and keep the fuel lines newish. But, that's me Preachin' to the Choir.

Good luck on the rebound bro! smilie_flagge24.gif

Check yer smoke detectors twice a year nuke.gif

Nate
dinomium
WooHoo Poulsbo!! That is close! I have a set of Fuch 5.5 x 15 four lug sitting in the garage that I am not quite sure if I am going to sell or not. If I go to the 5 lug 6 inchers they will be listed here first! As for the doors, i was gonna ask if you need some! headbang.gif
We should get the other NW teeners to meet us some evening at the Whiskey Creek Steak house!!! beerchug.gif
Welcome to the board, it really is a great resorce!
dino
red914
this is a bit late to suggest this, but how 'bout meeting for coffee somewhere tomorrow? i don't have a ton of time, but i would be very interested in meeting some other 914 drivers in the area. my knowledge base is small, and i am not sure where to start.
tracks914
Welcome. Come on in and share your tales of woe and success. MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
bob174
Ok guys. The pic of the burning 914 has motivated me. Mine is down waiting for my newly revitalized MPS to arrive from Bleyseng, and as I was poking around in there the other day, I noticed that the fuel line coming up from the pump had a spot where it had worn where it rubbed against a part of the engine structure. Three questions:
1. What do you guys use for fuel lines?
2. Can I get them at my FLAPS?
3. Anything to watch for when changing them out? I assume they don't retain pressure like modern ones?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.