Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Didn't see that one coming...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8102432.stm

I know that GM needed to unload some of their acquired brands. But I would have never suspected that a boutique car manufacturer like Koenigsegg would be able to pony up the dough to buy Saab. Much less be able to manage such a large operation.

I'm guessing there was a lot of pressure to bring Saab ownership back to their home turf, and there was more than a little gov't influence there. But still...

-Josh2
ericread
I don't see the problem. A really small company buying a big company with leveraged debt? It has worked out pretty well for Porsche post-2-1117899824.gif

popcorn[1].gif

Eric Read
Zundfolge
Awesome, I wonder if now there will be a new Saab Sonnett!

I can see it now; The Sonnett VI Koenigsegg
EdwardBlume
I agree. What's a 45 person operation taking over Saab for? US Saab sales are tiny. I hope they can do something with it...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 16 2009, 09:57 AM) *

I don't see the problem. A really small company buying a big company with leveraged debt? It has worked out pretty well for Porsche post-2-1117899824.gif

popcorn[1].gif

Eric Read

Right. And why are they courting BK? They were right on the edge a couple of months ago, and they're still on shaky ground ...............

The Cap'n
johannes
There is no future for a company like saab if they manufacture mid range cars... Too much competition... They have to go luxury or sport if they want to survive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.