Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid Atlantic transmission rebuild clinic planning thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Even though we got only a few people interested in the master thread for a clinic in this area, I am confident we can pull this off. There are ample places to do this as well. So, if you can think of someone who didnt respond to the master thread (I can think of a few), send them a PM, call them, carrier pigeon. I'll be doing the same.
So far we have:
- SLKWrx (host)
- Cupomeat
- Mikespraggi

Ones I think might be interested:
- nycchef
- type11969
- Vacca Rabite
- Plas76targa
- okieflier
- Turboman808
- rmital
- essess

I know there are more, but I am drawing a blank.
VaccaRabite
How many transmissions do you want to rebuild for me?

PS - welcome to do this in my garage. Just let me know when, and you have to help me clean it up before hand. :-)

Zach
Dr Evil
I am working on my post whore status smile.gif
Dr Evil
I just PMed some of our locals. I love the new CC function smile.gif
type11969
I'm in, got two tailshifts and would like to make 1 good one out of them, love to turn it in to a sideshift if I can gather the parts. I vote for South Jersey . . . Or we could actually meet in my garage in Philly but some people might be a little wary of my neighborhood. Cars would have to be out on the street! Plenty of good bars/restaurants to walk to afterwards . . .
VaccaRabite
Someone who actually needs a rebuilt tranny would make a better hosting spot then my place. I just offered as I like to see people.

Zach
914rat
When woud this take place?
plas76targa
I could offer my place too, I'm sorta with Zach on that one - it's cool seeing everyone.
Katherine and I are figuring out when we can have our 'annual' picnic - june is almost shot. Mid July or August are our next candidates. Regardless of date we could do a transmission clinic along with the "Dr Evil kids swimming lessons".
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914rat @ Jun 16 2009, 07:24 PM) *

When woud this take place?

That is the purpose of this thread. You get to recommend when smile.gif
914rat
I need to get permission but I have a pretty good venue to host.26x36 garage with a mid rise lift.Big driveway too.I will have to check with the wife on when would be good.I don't know what the schedule is and she is out of town til the 26th.I am in southern Md. I could also accomodate the instructor and a few students.I work 6 days a week so Sundays are best for me,but I could arrange a Saturday if needed.
Dr Evil
Well, that sounds good. Nice to see this thread coming back to life.
type11969
Ooh, yeah, forgot about this. Again, my garage is available but I need a showing of hands who would actually drive in to Philly. My garage is not enormous but with the bus out of the way it is probably 25 feet deep (excluding the room taken up by the 914 and the Beetle) and 12' across . . more than enough room for a bunch of people and transmissions. I only have one portable workbench so tables would have to be brought or people would have to be fine sitting on the garage floor.

Again, so for those of you interested, who wants to drive in to Philly? My neighborhood doesn't look that great but it is fine. I would not drive your concours ready 914 here though because it will be out on the street . ..

-Chris
type47
mad.gif OK, then I'll use the "free rebuild coupon" I drew at the ECC in Charlottesville. Will be out-of-town 7/6-7/24ish.
rmital
...there's always the garage in Lyndhurst (MovieTime). Only about 10,000 square feet of room, a lift and fully equiped with the usual tools that would accomodate any shop activity.
MikeSpraggi
I am not able to host, but wherever it is, I can bring some food and drink ..... and a transmission that needs to be rebuilt.
ws91420
I could possibly host at my Mom's in NOVA. Someone set a date as long as it dosen"t fall on the second full w/e of the month. (Visits w/ the kids.)
Dr Evil
I am down for MoviTime.

I have an idea of trying to get a group buy for 1st sliders since currently the cheapest ones are at Pelican for $435 and most of you will need them I bet.

Maybe AA can hook us up?
TeenerTim
I'm taking the kids to Orlando 7/24-7/28 but would be interested in other dates.
crash914
Yep, I am up for drinking beer...

don't need the transmission part though...I do have a couple here that could be gone through..

I could host also..big garage with bench and fridge with beer...no pool though..
nycchef
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2009, 09:42 PM) *

I am down for MoviTime.

I have an idea of trying to get a group buy for 1st sliders since currently the cheapest ones are at Pelican for $435 and most of you will need them I bet.

Maybe AA can hook us up?

i'll bring the pulled pork and slaw.. probably not the 914... but i'll come smash.gif
jimkelly
hope i can make it for the food : )

jim

dr. mike, before you leave the east coast, you should visit the rehoboth beach area, i will set you up with 9 girls in need of your affections : )

ghuff
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 28 2009, 05:53 AM) *

hope i can make it for the food : )

jim

dr. mike, before you leave the east coast, you should visit the rehoboth beach area, i will set you up with 9 girls in need of your affections : )

Jim, sell me some of your parts collection for my 75.

We can start with a spare tailshift late model box for this clinic which I need to swap mine in/out.

Perhaps I can give you my good one that is drivable but crunchy as a core when done? smile.gif

Also i am definitely interested in this, and would love to host but am in the middle of moving froma 2bdr apt to a rented house with my wife and kids sad.gif

What is the deal? How does this work? I am pretty mechanically friendly/adept.
Dr Evil
Jim, I have time. Let me know.
gothspeed
Does SoCal ever have these gearbox rebuild clinics?
Dr Evil
Yup, here is the link:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1186685
type11969
Okay, this thread is in dire need of a poll. I think these are the available options, please confirm:

Zach's place (Vacca Rabite) - Dallastown, PA (south central PA)
Matt's place (plas76targa) - Frederick, MD (north central MD)
914 Rat's place - Southern MD
Movietime, Ray (rmital) - Lyndhurst, NJ (North Jersey)
A spot in NOVA
and I think a spot in South Jersey
oh and my place in Philly

Anyplace else? I'll set up a poll once I know of all the places.
ghuff
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:28 PM) *

Okay, this thread is in dire need of a poll. I think these are the available options, please confirm:

Zach's place (Vacca Rabite) - Dallastown, PA (south central PA)
Matt's place (plas76targa) - Frederick, MD (north central MD)
914 Rat's place - Southern MD
Movietime, Ray (rmital) - Lyndhurst, NJ (North Jersey)
A spot in NOVA
and I think a spot in South Jersey
oh and my place in Philly

Anyplace else? I'll set up a poll once I know of all the places.

I don't mind any drive, it is really worth it. I just need to pick up a spare good gearbox and get parts for it.

My 914 is still unknown so I will probably venture out in my Golf or the wifes jetta.
VaccaRabite
Take my place off. I offered up as no one had yet. My tranny is a fresh build, so I don't actually need one. As long as there are other options for the meet, someone that needs the build should reap the benefits.

Zach
type11969
Done, anyone else?
Dr Evil
Well, I just found out that I can not take my step 3 of my licensing exam until I am actually in a program. Soooooo, I dont have anything to sweat and can do stuff during July, Aug, etc smile.gif So much for over achieving wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.