Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil temperature sending unit, 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
I got my shiny gauges back from Palo Alto and they included a new temp. sending unit. I've sort of just been staring at it. My site search turned up that it threads into the taco plate on the bottom of the engine...but I'm not sure if this is true for a /6 or not? I went through my pics and can't find a good one of the underside of the engine for reference.

Can someone please fill me in? What, where, how? I couldn't find any info in my manuals either.

Thanks,

Reid
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 16 2009, 11:23 AM) *

I got my shiny gauges back from Palo Alto and they included a new temp. sending unit. I've sort of just been staring at it. My site search turned up that it threads into the taco plate on the bottom of the engine...but I'm not sure if this is true for a /6 or not? I went through my pics and can't find a good one of the underside of the engine for reference.

Can someone please fill me in? What, where, how? I couldn't find any info in my manuals either.

Thanks,

Reid

on the drivers front of the six engine.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 16 2009, 10:23 AM) *

I'm not sure if this is true for a /6

No.

#77 #64 in the diagram. Not to be mistaken with the larger oil pressure switch.

shades.gif Andy
Lavanaut
NICE, thanks for the pic Andy. Is this just a plug-n-play operation? Anything to be aware of when swapping it out?

Thanks guys
rudedude
What switch is #64 then?
I believe #77 is related to mechanical fuel injection.

Jule
Lavanaut
No fuel injected sixes.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rudedude @ Jun 16 2009, 06:26 PM) *

What switch is #64 then?
I believe #77 is related to mechanical fuel injection.

Oops, my bad. You are correct, #64 it is ... shades.gif

#77 is the Thermal Time Switch ...
type.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.