Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shift rod bushings questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
well this is my first time posting on here and i have a question about the coupler bushings on my 73 with side shift. How the heck do you get that pin out? the pelican parts diagram shows that it comes out but i can't get it..

here's some pics of the coupler and bushings:
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Derek Seymour
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=95724&hl=

The search function here is pretty good. Don't hesitate to ask questions but remember that many have had similar problems. The World is a wealth of 914 info... you just have to sift through it sometimes.

welcome.png

buhs914
awesome thanks alot! i'll definitely go and do that.. probably right now actually lol
mharrison
My coupler already had a crack all the way through it and when I hammered the pin out, the pin and the coupler gave way at about the same time!

But, for me it was no major loss as I had all new parts and just needed it off of the shift rod.

Good luck!
FourBlades

If you click on "search titles only" you tend to get a smaller set
of hits that are more likely to be what you want. Otherwise
you can be overwhelmed with "misses" instead of "hits".

John
buhs914
haha yeah i finally got that SOB out of the coupler.. It took quite a few good hits but i managed to get it out without a problem. thanks for the help guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.