Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about subaru motor sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
Here is is...this is located on top of the engine right next to the crankshaft position sensor. This is the one that had the blade style connection on it.

First pic, shows the location.
Click to view attachment

and second shows better detail, kinda sorry for the blurry pic. but its just a blade style connection that looks like it was cut and twisted with some vice grips
Click to view attachment

Also, what is this sensor? Mass Air Flow?

Click to view attachment

here's a link to my progress thread...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=85845&hl=
malaga_red75
Forgot to say that it is a 1996 EJ25.
Skunkwrx
Pic #1&2 are oil pressure switch.
Pic #3 Idle Air Control
malaga_red75
QUOTE(Skunkwrx @ Jun 16 2009, 02:35 PM) *

Pic #1&2 are oil pressure switch.
Pic #3 Idle Air Control

Thanks! and where does the hose go, that comes off of the IAC?
malaga_red75
Also, what is the difference between the ignitor and the coil? I am confused as to what needs to be on the engine. Right now there is a coil pack with 4 leads coming off of it which goes directly to each plug. and a connector from the harness.
VOX
since i'll be doing this soon, i hope you get some good responses, and if you can please keep track of what your doing! hopefully tony gets his schematics up sometime soon.
strawman
QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Jun 16 2009, 04:33 PM) *

Also, what is the difference between the ignitor and the coil? I am confused as to what needs to be on the engine. Right now there is a coil pack with 4 leads coming off of it which goes directly to each plug. and a connector from the harness.

You should really consider picking up factory-based manual to check out the component and wiring diagrams. I bought mine on-line; just do a Google search on "1996 Subaru Legacy". The Haynes manual is pretty crappy, but it can be used in a pinch to locate components using the wiring diagams.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.