Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cllutch cable replacement-- blocked by console!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PinetreePorsche
I managed to drive the 5 mi home with a broken clutch cable-- incl several first gear starts from dead (used to do it often enough in VW vans), but am slowed down by the lack of access in trying to fit anew one. l;I have a console, and even with the pedal board off, can't get my fingers on the cable end. Do I un-bolt the pedal assembly, or loosen and move over the console? I've heard there's also an access on the hump-- where- how close to the pedal cluster? Can the job be done without accessing that way, as it would require moving the whole console , not just adjusting it. Anything else I should know? The Haynes manual is very close to useless. If there's a better aid, plaaease let me know. Thanks, Chris, in the VA 'burbs of DC
SLITS
Remove the center console and pedal board ..... That's the only way I have ever gotten access to the center tunnel to do it.

Have fun with the pin clip ... hope it isn't rusted in place.
RJMII
The shop manual shows a picture that looks like the center console is moved out of the way.

Quick edit: yeah, what SLITS said. =o)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.