Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bumper top shining up...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
My old bumper tops look like... well, they could look better.

What ways are out there to get them looking good?
SLITS
Back to Black

Tire Shine
RJMII
Thank you, Ron! Much appreciated.
Joe Owensby
Cleaned mine, and re-painted with spray on bumper paint from FLAPS. Looks very good after one year so far.
wertygrog
I got some wax on my bumper tops when I was caressing my fenders. biggrin.gif

Now they are whitish tinted. sad.gif

Any thoughts on how to fix this? smilie_pokal.gif
r_towle
back to black
OR
Shoe polish.

PanelBilly
Mike (6freak) had his bumper cleaned and coated with some stuff from Griot's when we did a PCA tour a few months. Maybe he'll chime in and give us some feedback on how long it lasted. It looked good right after they did it.
6freak
Still looks good ....If you want it really black ....if its in good shape and just want it clean and need to bring back some luster try peanut oil (Wash first of course).Thats what alot of concoure people use ..I have never used it so i can say ...but MR242 has and he said it was ok..............O next time you wax or polish your car use painters tape and mask it off in the section your doing ,,,,keeps that pesky wax build up off stuff you dont want it on...Then just remove the tape ,,clean bumper tops and lenses and door locks stuff like that ..little more prep but in the end you will be happy
Jeffs9146
I redid my old looking bumpers and tits by sanding them with 100g sand paper and then 200g with a treatment of armor all!!

Nothing else needed, look at the photo!
Spoke
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 17 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Shoe polish.

agree.gif

I've used shoe polish on the sail panels too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.