Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebrake parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partsman
I'm trying to finally hook up my ebrake after ten years of not having one (ok, I had one for a while but it was frozen..then I removed everything when I replaced the floors..) so now, I'm looking at the parts diagrams, and trying to see where everything goes..

I know the two cables come through the rear firewall, and hook to an equilizer, that hooks to a short cable that goes to the lever... here's my two questions:

The parts diagram shows a small plate that is attached to the equilizer... and has one end hooked to a spring.. where does this spring hook to.. the rear firewall? Does this provide the return tension when you release the brake.. I found a small sprin in the box that I put all the handbrake stuff in, but no plate..

How does the small cable hook to the lever.. at the lower most hole, or does it hook to the flat plate with teeth on it that is inside the lever?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
william harris
Eric: Now that I went into my stash of stuff and found that plate that doesn't even exist on the parts diagram, show some pictures of what the parking brake looks like now. shades.gif
r_towle
What chu talkin bout willis?

Show a pic...
I may have mine all setup...dunno.

Rich
partsman
Ok... I figured out how all the e-brake stuff goes back together.. too bad no one had any picutres to help sad.gif ... but anyway.. after looking at Rich and William's cars, I found a part I did not have.. AND I CAN"T FIND THE PART NUMBER!!!.. now thanks to William, I have one, but if anyone wants a challange (and this is coming from a guy who worked in the Porsche parts department for 6+ years) I have the large print parts book for the 914, and two different CD parts catalogs.. and I can't find it!!!

IDENTIFY THIS PART:
Click to view attachment

It goes over the cables and equillizer inside the car.. WHAT"S THE PART NUMBER

partsman
how it looks in the car:

Click to view attachment
william harris
Rich: Are you going to Lime Rock for the American Le Mans Series this Saturday? Eric and I are planning to go. Eric, get busy and finish that parking brake.
904svo
Ops, wrong part number.
Larry.Hubby
Isn't the part #E914.424.567.00? I think it's shown on the illustration for PET main group 7, sub group 01, reference number 28. It's so small it's just hard to tell what it is, but the description says "plate" and it's shown with the return spring and other parts that you mention. The "E" preceding the part number would mean that it's no longer available form Porsche.
partsman
No.. that's the plate that goes on the end of the equilizer, and has a small return spring on it that attaches to the firewall... I have that little plate and spring..

This thing has two holes in it, one on each end. A sheet metal screw goes in each hole, and attaches to the end of the cover that is welded to the sidemember, and another tab that's on the lower firewall.

Eric
r_towle
I dont have that...lol
I do have an ash tray with your name on it...and I was not even looking...

Leman on Sat?
Do tell...what runs there? Is that the vintage one?

Rich
william harris
American Le Mans Racing Series - just come or Goggle it first and then plan to come. As usual we will stop for breakfast at the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge and then motor down for the race. Rich - call my cell and let me know, plan to be at Eric's around 6:00 a.m. to hit 495 to the Mass Pike and then on to Lime Rock. Where can we meet up with you? driving.gif
r_towle
Cant do it....my honeydo list got very big for tomorrow.

Rich
william harris
Sorry to miss you Rich. How is the outlaw 356 coming along? Why don't you post some pictures? type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.