Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to start reassembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I was thinking the first thing to do was reinstall the wiring harness. For you folks who have done a total restoration, is that the place to start?

r_towle
no....I think you should paint some more.

Rich
PanelBilly
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 16 2009, 09:06 PM) *

Rich

java script:emoticon(':agree:',%20'smid_8')

I bought a sandblaster from HF, so now I can clean up all the little parts before they get re-installed. They'll all need a few coats of color too.

I would like to see Tahoe next year from the seat of my car. Not that I'd take in on the open road, just roll it out of the trailer and then back in again.
orange914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 16 2009, 08:06 PM) *

Rich

HAS the harness been painted first??? beerchug.gif
Lou W
The suspension is what I installed first, then fuel lines and brake lines on my car. I'm helping a friend of mine build a 67 Chevelle, we did the chassis and suspension first, now getting ready install the body and start the wiring.
PanelBilly
Eric has the suspension, so I'm taking the next step.

And no I didn't paint the wire yet. Did clean so paint off of it fron a PO.
r_towle
Aside from the rear brake line, which I would install first, then maybe the fuel lines, then the wiring harness.

Basically do the tunnel

Rich
PanelBilly
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 17 2009, 08:15 PM) *

Aside from the rear brake line, which I would install first, then maybe the fuel lines, then the wiring harness.

Basically do the tunnel

Rich

Thanks, I just finished the front trunk and was going to pull the wire through the tunnel. I'll stop and do the lines first
r_towle
Flip the car on its side...its alot easier to reach that way.

Rich
tat2dphreak
reassembly is the reverse of removal tongue.gif
dakotaewing
Start by feeding the wiring harness from the engine bay into the tunnel -
I think Sir Andy has an entire thread on this -
The brake lines and fuel lines can be done before or after -
And, if you still have the car on the rotisere (sp), flip it on its side as previously suggested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.