Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing a Center Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cub40
I have a 74 non-console car and I would like to install a center console. Do I need the wiring harness or can the gauges be wired in without it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
jsayre914
if you remove the carpet its probably already there beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 17 2009, 03:04 PM) *

if you remove the carpet its probably already there beerchug.gif

I'll be following this as I want to do the same and have nooooo idea where to start
tat2dphreak
if it's not there, it's not hard to put one in...
Tom
Center consoles look great and it is really nice to have the gages, but, if you have large feet there will be some interference there. Best to drive a consoled car before you take the plunge. I wanted one, now I don't after driving a friend's with the console..
Tom
SLITS
'73 and above vehicles have the pigtail coming out of the main body harness underneath the carpet as specified.

It would be nice to obtain a center console with it's wiring harness so it would plug right into the main harness pigtail. You could make your own console wiring harness.

You will also need the "S" bent heater control lever instead of the straight one supplied on non-console cars.

Additionally, you will need the "Taco Plate" assembly for your oil temp guage which plugs into the main harness pigtail (single wire) beneath the ECU in the main harness in the engine bay. The "Taco Plate" can be either the OE one or the aftermarket one (which I don't remember who made them or if they still make them).
jt914-6
Click to view attachment
lotus_65
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jun 17 2009, 05:54 PM) *

wow, thanks for this! smilie_pokal.gif
jt914-6
I would tap into a hot that didn't come off the brake light switch though. That is the reason why the volt gauge drops so much when the brakes are applied. Just find a hot wire that works off the ign. sw. that doesn't have much else going through the circuit.
iamchappy
I like the less refined version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.