Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Up with the Multiple Threads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Is it because we are on Page 1313?

It used to peeve me when I saw the the same thread on the World, the Club, Pelican, etc, but now we are getting multiple threads on the same subject in the Garage.

I think it would be a good idea for the peeps to stay current and read the recent threads before they have something "Profound" to report on.

T.C.
J P Stein
You want organization from 914 pukes?.......get real. biggrin.gif
Rand
Yeah, they are about as useful as threads like this one!
I'm guilty, I missed the funny Craigslist ad from the past and posted on an impulse.
But yeah, on informational threads I search first.
ericread
Didn't I see this same thread earlier? Maybe you should do a search before you open a new thread...

poke.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 17 2009, 07:25 PM) *

Didn't I see this same thread earlier? Maybe you should do a search before you open a new thread...

poke.gif

I started another one, just in case. =o)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=96819
Rand
QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 17 2009, 06:25 PM) *

poke.gif

Yeah, I should have known to search for something I would have no way to search for. wacko.gif biggrin.gif poke.gif
URY914
Just a bunch of post whores.

(said the guy with 10,xxx posts)
porschecb
Almost like Ebay aint it! But we tend to get over it don't we? A lot of noobs are just that and dont take the time to do a search, but try it sometime it is hard to cut to the chase.
dbgriffith75
I can't think of any specific topic off the top of my head, but I know there have been a number of times when I've performed searches and haven't been able to find what I need to know. One thing I've noticed with the keyword search is that it will bring up every thread that happens to mention those particular words. So if you're looking for info on your dizzy, it will bring up every single thread that happens to have the word dizzy in it, even if 90% of those threads are about carbs because one person mentioned dizzy.

Plus, we all know that we don't always title our threads in relevence to what we need to know, so you end up searching thru dozens of threads, none of which have any info you need, and finally you decide that it's just easier to post a new one.

Of course, it's completely understandable when you end up with nearly the exact same threads on the same page, so mebbe we should search the last few pages before posting. biggrin.gif

I can't think of any specific topic off the top of my head, but I know there have been a number of times..... happy11.gif
ghuff
QUOTE(dbgriffith75 @ Jun 17 2009, 06:24 PM) *

I can't think of any specific topic off the top of my head, but I know there have been a number of times when I've performed searches and haven't been able to find what I need to know. One thing I've noticed with the keyword search is that it will bring up every thread that happens to mention those particular words. So if you're looking for info on your dizzy, it will bring up every single thread that happens to have the word dizzy in it, even if 90% of those threads are about carbs because one person mentioned dizzy.

Plus, we all know that we don't always title our threads in relevence to what we need to know, so you end up searching thru dozens of threads, none of which have any info you need, and finally you decide that it's just easier to post a new one.

Of course, it's completely understandable when you end up with nearly the exact same threads on the same page, so mebbe we should search the last few pages before posting. biggrin.gif

I can't think of any specific topic off the top of my head, but I know there have been a number of times..... happy11.gif

Yes, the search function is pretty broken here....... experienced it myself already.
stepuptotheMike
so what is the largest size tire I can put on my narrow bodied car? biggrin.gif
Rand
lol
Can I turbo a 914?
RJMII
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 17 2009, 08:55 PM) *

lol
Can I turbo a 914?

Probably not, you don't even own one. poke.gif
Rand
laugh.gif
I'm trying to remedy that as we speak!! I bet I'll have that wrapped up before this thread dies!
RJMII
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 17 2009, 09:35 PM) *

laugh.gif
I'm trying to remedy that as we speak!! I bet I'll have that wrapped up before this thread dies!

Go for the one in Vegas... I think it's a great platform for you to start out with. At least you'll be able to see exactly where the rust is.
messix
how do i find tdc?

if i put a chop stick in the spark plug hole i should be able to tell right?!
Rand
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 17 2009, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 17 2009, 09:35 PM) *

laugh.gif

Go for the one in Vegas... I think it's a great platform for you to start out with. At least you'll be able to see exactly where the rust is.

lol-2.gif
Hey, I thought the worst of the rust was already removed!
laugh.gif
Dr Evil
Can "X" engine be installed in a 914?

I personally dont care. I love this place because the majority of us are real easy going. Man, you try asking a question on the Samba and a dozen people jump down your throat. I dont care for the vibe over there.
ericread
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 17 2009, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Jun 17 2009, 06:25 PM) *

poke.gif

Yeah, I should have known to search for something I would have no way to search for. wacko.gif biggrin.gif poke.gif

Then again, if you searched for a way to search, the search may have turned up another search from which you could search. rolleyes.gif

Maybe someone should open a new thread on searches... but then again, that's been done previously....

As for the "Post Whore" comment, I strongly object!!!

Eric
(I give you search for long, long time)

Lou W
6 or 4, what's cheaper?

popcorn[1].gif
BKLA
GUILTY!

If I could have removed my thread, I would have. Once it's up, only an admin can delete it.

I never have anything profound to say. I let the edjimicated do that.

As Steve Martin was known to say.... EXCUSE MEEEEE!
RJMII
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jun 18 2009, 01:17 PM) *

GUILTY!

If I could have removed my thread, I would have. Once it's up, only an admin can delete it.

I never have anything profound to say. I let the edjimicated do that.

As Steve Martin was known to say.... EXCUSE MEEEEE!

you weren't the only one. LOL there have been a whole bunch of them lately. Eve this thread has copies out there now.
carr914
LOL. not calling anyone out, it's turned to some comedy biggrin.gif

T.C.
charliew
I usually don't find what I'm searching for but usually something does come up to check out that I didn't know about so maybe the search function isn't so crappy afterall. I couldn't believe how many threads there are on wheels and tires for flares but I didn't find them by searching, I came across them about 30 pages down some other search.
EdwardBlume
YOU
EdwardBlume
SHOULD
EdwardBlume
HAVE
EdwardBlume
BOUGHT
EdwardBlume
A...
EdwardBlume
SQUIRREL
av-943.gif

turboturtle
Damn funny! I'm dieing over here. I guess I'd better get to work.

Oh crap,

already been here an hour! Lol
sww914
Multiples!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.