Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
So Ive been trying to fix my turn signals since I bought my car and still cant figure out whats wrong with them. Once in awhile they will work perfectly but for the most part they dont work at all. When the ignition is in the off position I can manually get the signals to flash but if the ignition is on or the car is running they dont work at all. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking it could be a bad lever. Do these go bad very often? Could there be a bad ground somewhere? Thanks

Matt
jim_hoyland
Read: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=47236&st=0
matteyp
Thanks, thoroghly confused now. lol Man you guys are smart, I dont know anything about wiring!!!
SGB
here is what I would check-
make sure the bulbs are correct and iinserted properly
replace fuses 5 and 6
check the grounds inside the front trunk on each side by the headlight motor assembly
get a new flasher unit from an aircooled VW place (I've got a bus unit in mine)- it is attached to the fuse panel there by your left knee- just unscrew on each side and pull it down (disconnect the battery first).

I haven't ever heard of lever issues, but you never know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.