Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Parting out my dream
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gigamight
All right, I am officially intimidated by the amount of work I would need to do on this car. The decision is now to part it out. I am going to try and get back what I spent and hopefully have enough to buy anther one that I can restore from a better starting point.

Please bear with me, I am new to the 914, so please give me descriptions rather than nicknames for parts. I am familiar with most parts, but not all.

Also, please understand that some parts may not be for sale, I am planning on buying another 914, so I might keep some stuff.

Also, please don't make lowball offers.... I am trying to fund the next project.

I will repost pics soon, but for now, a slew of pics can be seen here

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=96496

Thanks

P.S. I have a long reputation as a parts seller on many other sites, including ebay, just search for Gigamight, you will see I have a high regard for my reputation, and intend to keep it that way.
Gigamight
I also have a few other parts I purchased while I was still planning on restoring this one.

Pair of tail lights, drivers side missing back up lens
Almost perfect shift knob
Front signal buckets
Engine lid with grille and lettering intact
visors (need some work) with clips
center cushion with bin below

And some other odds and ends
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Jun 18 2009, 02:16 PM) *

All right, I am officially intimidated by the amount of work I would need to do on this car. The decision is now to part it out. I am going to try and get back what I spent and hopefully have enough to buy anther one that I can restore from a better starting point.

Please bear with me, I am new to the 914, so please give me descriptions rather than nicknames for parts. I am familiar with most parts, but not all.

Also, please understand that some parts may not be for sale, I am planning on buying another 914, so I might keep some stuff.

Also, please don't make lowball offers.... I am trying to fund the next project.

You wouldnt happen to be selling your Foglight grilles would you?

Thanks

P.S. I have a long reputation as a parts seller on many other sites, including ebay, just search for Gigamight, you will see I have a high regard for my reputation, and intend to keep it that way.

Gigamight
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 18 2009, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Gigamight @ Jun 18 2009, 02:16 PM) *

You wouldnt happen to be selling your Foglight grilles would you?

Thanks

Yep, took em off and was going to hit em with cleaner this weekend. PM me an offer please.
Gigamight
All right guys. After many requests, I will be taking more pictures.

I will say again though. I don't know yet what these parts go for. I am trying to research what they have gone for here in the past. I don't want to charge too much, but I am also trying to get back what I put into the car so I can fund my next project, so I don't want to charge too little either.

When requesting a part, please make an offer of what you know it is worth, I am trusting you guys dry.gif
tat2dphreak
how much for the rims? they range in price,depending on condition... but are some of the favorite 4-bolt rims... so you may want to keep them, but if not, lmk... if I can afford them I'll take them.

also, are the heater parts (flapper box, j tubes) usable? these are the pieces on either side that look like they connect to the exhaust from the engine cooling tin to the body... I have no clue on price... I've had 2 914s, neither one had a single heater part... and on that car they might be "toast" pardon the pun
Gigamight
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 19 2009, 12:31 PM) *

how much for the rims? they range in price,depending on condition... but are some of the favorite 4-bolt rims... so you may want to keep them, but if not, lmk... if I can afford them I'll take them.

also, are the heater parts (flapper box, j tubes) usable? these are the pieces on either side that look like they connect to the exhaust from the engine cooling tin to the body... I have no clue on price... I've had 2 914s, neither one had a single heater part... and on that car they might be "toast" pardon the pun

All right guys, I am taking some time on my Daddy's day to strip some parts. As for the rims, they are in pretty great shape. The 2 fronts look to be just about perfect, while the 2 rears have a few small curb rash marks, not serious ones, but they are there. I'll try and get some closer pics.

I am looking for this "flapper box", but I don't have high hopes of it being in good shape.

Gigamight
Can anyone tell me how to get these seats out? I can't figure it out and I'm finally willing to suck up my pride and admit it.

Also can't figure out how to get the steering wheel off.

I'm getting frustrated.
bdstone914
To get off the steering wheel, rotate the horn button that says porsche counter clockwise and it should pop off, Then youll need a 27MM socket and extension to get in there and undo the nut. Then pull on it with even pressure to get it off. If it binds, push it back down and pull again, It should slide off if its not buggered. For the seats, You have to slide them forward, then hold one, or both of the sliders up all the way so it will clear the stop then they will continue sliding forward off the rails. A helper is a great thing to have if the seats arent moving. -wes
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 21 2009, 03:16 PM) *

To get off the steering wheel, rotate the horn button that says porsche counter clockwise and it should pop off, Then youll need a 27MM socket and extension to get in there and undo the nut. Then pull on it with even pressure to get it off. If it binds, push it back down and pull again, It should slide off if its not buggered. For the seats, You have to slide them forward, then hold one, or both of the sliders up all the way so it will clear the stop then they will continue sliding forward off the rails. A helper is a great thing to have if the seats arent moving. -wes

Yeah, what he said!
tat2dphreak
use a screwdriver on the seat spring... if you can, it will get your fingers every time... ask me how I know.. I just take a long flat screwdriver ind put it between the rail and the spring on the non-handle side... then one straight pull and they should come right off..
Gigamight
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 21 2009, 05:31 PM) *

use a screwdriver on the seat spring... if you can, it will get your fingers every time... ask me how I know.. I just take a long flat screwdriver ind put it between the rail and the spring on the non-handle side... then one straight pull and they should come right off..

OK, I got it. Whew, these cars are a different kind of thing that I am used to. I mean "twist the horn button off..." What the heck? I was racking my brain trying to figure out where the screws were that were holding it on. And the seats... just lift and pull?! Holy geez, I'm gonna have to completely rework my brain to put one of these back together.

By the way, thank you guys for the help, highly appreciated.

I am sorry for not getting back to everyone right away, been a busy week with dealing with the x-wife, school, and arranging pick up of my next 914 piratenanner.gif that's right, I already found the next project.

Speaking of which..... anybody interested in a slant nose kit? sawzall-smiley.gif
tat2dphreak
the rear end looks pretty tight, tho biggrin.gif
patrick3000
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Jun 18 2009, 05:24 PM) *

I also have a few other parts I purchased while I was still planning on restoring this one.

Almost perfect shift knob

Do you have a picture
mharrison
Do you have the pedal assembly and is it in OK shape? (Brake, clutch, base)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.