Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need some advise(again).or my damn wheels!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ME733
Well guys I really need some expert advise on this problem.my O.E.M. gasburners were absolutely filthy. road crud and brake dust abounded......SOOOOO I hired some car clean up experts (20 )years experience to rub out the paint and buff polish and wax the car,...and polish up those great original wheels......well the car came out beautiful and I can now appreciate the actual sunflower yellow as it was sunflower dull....all this to compliment the new similar color just painted top..dam it looks great!!!!!..However THE WHEELS TURNED BLUE>a light blue,about the color of my knuckles when I am holding some fool by the neck right before his lights go out......the color of blue that the car cleaning experts saw,in my lips and jawbone,just before they recieved an old sailors tunglashing which offended even my neighbors deaf old dog.(thank god they were not home).The outcome was and still is ... .my WHEELS ARE STILL BLUE and I would like some advise on how to get them back to their original ,forged ,color.(if you suggest calling the experts back you,ll be on my hit list.)....P L E A S E help me out of this nightmare. headbang.gif ar15.gif bs.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
blue is the original primer you will have to repaint them.
ME733
George!!!!! you gotta be kidding!!!!the wheels are painted????well you ought to know....SO do you have some of the paint , is it in spray cans ,can i get some yesterday ,how much is it ..$..,do i have to reprimer the wheels before painting, does the paint have to be baked on,whats the best tape as I don,t want to dismount the tires, .......fill in any missing information.I will call you tomorrow .THANKS.me733. cheer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif smilie_pokal.gif
carr914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Don't worry, you haven't killed the wheels, maybe the detail shop will step up to their mistake

T.C.
type2man
I would think if they have 20 years experience, they must be stand up guys. I would ask them to pay for refinishing. Those wheels are magnesium and without the clearcoat they would dull in just a few days out in the elements. They need to be stripped, and clearcoated once again...
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 18 2009, 04:13 PM) *

agree.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 18 2009, 06:59 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif x 2
craig3x
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 18 2009, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 18 2009, 06:59 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif x 2

agree.gif x 3
ME733
Thank all of you for your input,and especially...george at AA....me733. bye1.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(ME733 @ Jun 20 2009, 10:57 AM) *

Thank all of you for your input,and especially...george at AA....me733. bye1.gif

Where are the pictures???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.