Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTS oil cooler, a/n lines and thermostatic controlled filterplate adpt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
orange914
i'm thinking about selling this set and don't know what fair market is on this. like the title says, oil cooler, a/n lines and thermostatic controlled filter plate adaptor.

heres the scoop... it's from a early 2000ish cop car crown vic 4.6. the threads for the plate are extact type IV thread match and so is the filter seal. it's an o.e. high quality unit designed for h/d use. i believe it's thermostatic controlled in the sandwich plate. the large a/n hoses and fittings are 5+ feet long so they can be shortened and the cooler has nice mounting flanges with an additional bracket for various mounting positions. my computor has been crashing and i can't load pictures. but will try to get them on soon.

i have 2 set up's and may sell them both what do you think i should ask?

mike
bdstone914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 18 2009, 08:33 PM) *

i'm thinking about selling this set and don't know what fair market is on this. like the title says, oil cooler, a/n lines and thermostatic controlled filter plate adaptor.

heres the scoop... it's from a early 2000ish cop car crown vic 4.6. the threads for the plate are extact type IV thread match and so is the filter seal. it's an o.e. high quality unit designed for h/d use. i believe it's thermostatic controlled in the sandwich plate. the large a/n hoses and fittings are 5+ feet long so they can be shortened and the cooler has nice mounting flanges with an additional bracket for various mounting positions. my computor has been crashing and i can't load pictures. but will try to get them on soon.

mike

I would ask about $100 for one set up. Are you sure the adapter thread is correct? I though 4.6L V8 Fords were 22mm and VW thread is 3/4-16?
orange914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 19 2009, 05:58 AM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 18 2009, 08:33 PM) *

mike

I would ask about $100 for one set up. Are you sure the adapter thread is correct? I though 4.6L V8 Fords were 22mm and VW thread is 3/4-16?

thy may have been off a few wrecked 90's 5.0 then. (i used to work as a mechanic on cop cars from 92-03)

nevertheless i physically threaded on the filter ON THE adaptor/extention with ease and payed close attention to the gasket mating area (i know what your thinking). it's crazy that vw's wouldn't be purely metric. kinda 80's G.M.ish.

$100 it is... any interest?
Click to view attachment
orange914
the o=ring seal is orig. and ford has them cheap. i'd advise doing that
Click to view attachment
orange914
heres a quick shot. the rear 2 larger coolers go to the systems. the oil on the left one is from slightly seaping hose connections. i haven't cleaned them mostly to show the good conditions. the other strange cooler goes inline with the lower water hose (similair to some diesels) and would work GREAT in a hot rod application with limited space, make me an offer.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.