Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where in the harness do the pos/neg fuel pump wires come from?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten

Hello,

The PO had carbs on my '73 1.7 and made the fuel pump wiring disappear. I'm wondering where to look? I think it might come from the passenger side--looks like there's something taped up there? I know it's a black/red positive and a black (brown?) negative from the wiring diagram.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kpfoten @ Jun 19 2009, 10:50 AM) *

Hello,

The PO had carbs on my '73 1.7 and made the fuel pump wiring disappear. I'm wondering where to look? I think it might come from the passenger side--looks like there's something taped up there? I know it's a black/red positive and a black (brown?) negative from the wiring diagram.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

front relay board harness connector drivers front left pin the black with red positive lead, and the stud on the left firewall to the left of the relay board the brown ground lead
SirAndy
Wiring goes from the relay board through the main harness along the firewall and comes out on the pass. side ...

In the pic below, you can see where it comes out of the harness and down to the fuel pump through the engine shelve.
shades.gif Andy

SLITS
The wires come from the relay board. The Black/Red comes from Pin 13 on the 14 pin main body harness connector. The Ground (Brown) comes from the multi-point ground connection near the relay board. Both wires are in the main harness that cross the front of the engine from driver to passenger.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.